E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What's so good about Marcus Benz and House of Imports!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
I am sure MarcusBenz and Hollaback will come to some mediation. Hope all works out for both of you.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS350
I know mark is a good guy and he will try his best to please the customer. I hope he wont lose any business because of this thread as hes done quite a few deals online and Im quite sure all of them have gone well. He'll have my business regardless of where he works, at the HOUSE of imports or Fletcher Jones or whatever.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:44 PM

Air Force 1s
Look everybody, I am not trying to hurt Marcus or House of Imports and if I have I am truly sorry. It was very frustrating going out every day and not being able to get tags for my car. Marcus went out of his way to get me the bumper exchange and even suggested the exhaust change which I love. Also the deal was good. I didn't go all around the country calling different dealers. I read this forum and Marcus name seemed to come up alot and always in a good light. That is why I went with him and after hours of cleaning and weeks of paper chasing I can sit back and enjoy the car! I don't want this to be a bad relationship. Just telling my experience how how I was feeling that day. Everything I said was true so I didn't bash anyone so everybody dosen't have to come rushing defending anybody. If I wanted to harm Marcus and I would have gave him a bad review on my survey. Let's get on the road and drive! Now just waiting on my original front and rear bumpers and exhaust to get here.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
Cheers!
Old 08-01-2004, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by HollaBack
Look everybody, I am not trying to hurt Marcus or House of Imports and if I have I am truly sorry. It was very frustrating going out every day and not being able to get tags for my car. Marcus went out of his way to get me the bumper exchange and even suggested the exhaust change which I love. Also the deal was good. I didn't go all around the country calling different dealers. I read this forum and Marcus name seemed to come up alot and always in a good light. That is why I went with him and after hours of cleaning and weeks of paper chasing I can sit back and enjoy the car! I don't want this to be a bad relationship. Just telling my experience how how I was feeling that day. Everything I said was true so I didn't bash anyone so everybody dosen't have to come rushing defending anybody. If I wanted to harm Marcus and I would have gave him a bad review on my survey. Let's get on the road and drive! Now just waiting on my original front and rear bumpers and exhaust to get here.
Well... I think you should be ashamed of yourself.

I am UK based and therefore have no experience/affiliation with Marcus. But as a bystander I see you frustrated at the delay in getting into your new vehicle. A delay by all accounts predominantly because you requested last minute mods. A further delay was introduced by Marcus because of an innocent error in the registration documentation, an error to which he has freely admitted and attempted to rectify as fast as he could.

My criticism of you is for jumping in to print with both feet without engaging your brain. Sure, you expect perfection, you don't expect errors, but these things happen. But more pointedly you offered a very biased version of the story which did not hold much water once Marcus enlightened us with some facts.

You could do this gentleman a lot of harm through this thread. A guy who has offered lots of invaluable information not to mention the bargains to fellow members. A guy who is decent enough to come on here and admit his errors.

In short, get a grip, get things in perspective, forget about these minor irritations, enjoy your new car!
Old 08-01-2004, 08:24 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastbuck
Well... I think you should be ashamed of yourself.

I am UK based and therefore have no experience/affiliation with Marcus. But as a bystander I see you frustrated at the delay in getting into your new vehicle. A delay by all accounts predominantly because you requested last minute mods. A further delay was introduced by Marcus because of an innocent error in the registration documentation, an error to which he has freely admitted and attempted to rectify as fast as he could.

My criticism of you is for jumping in to print with both feet without engaging your brain. Sure, you expect perfection, you don't expect errors, but these things happen. But more pointedly you offered a very biased version of the story which did not hold much water once Marcus enlightened us with some facts.

You could do this gentleman a lot of harm through this thread. A guy who has offered lots of invaluable information not to mention the bargains to fellow members. A guy who is decent enough to come on here and admit his errors.

In short, get a grip, get things in perspective, forget about these minor irritations, enjoy your new car!
Written by a guy with the title "Fastbuck" LOL :p
Old 08-01-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by RJC
Written by a guy with the title "Fastbuck" LOL :p

....and What has that got to do with the price of cheese?
Old 08-01-2004, 08:41 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
You obviously don't/didn't get it, I was pointing out the irony in it all. No need for the name calling "Fastbuck"
Old 08-01-2004, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by RJC
You obviously don't/didn't get it, I was pointing out the irony in it all. No need for the name calling "Fastbuck"

Sorry, you've lost me completely!
Old 08-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MarcusBenz
I am not going to go back and forth to defend myself.
You made your customer look bad in public instead of offering an apology. That's pathetic. How much is a car cover ? $20 ?

In addition to which I also think that your customer is spinning a few lines himself. Stone chips at truck height would be near impossible unless the truck was being driven past an active volcano.

Holy cow man .... at least 10 people farted in the car before it was sold. What is a bug on the grille going to do when that is exactly what will happen no matter who drives it.

Quite frankly it seems like you work much better in person and face to face which is what I think you should do. Obviously these out of state deals are not the same as a deal in person.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by miroj
.... at least 10 people farted in the car before it was sold...

Must be the sauerkraut?
Old 08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
I kind of agree with miroj

No need to apologize. I absolutely understand the frustration, especially if money is already out of your pocket and the other side does not promptly return your calls or emails.

I'm glad you shared your experience with us. I believe all of us do have the maturity to judge what happened and I don't think anyone's reputation has been unfairly tainted.

It is important to hear not only the good but also the ugly to keep everyone on their toes. A good reputation should be earned and must not be taken for granted.

If I were Marcus I would try to deal with you privately behind the scene to try to make up, hoping to regain your future business and endorsement.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not trying to take sides here, and I'm really sorry for your bad experience and I truly hope the errors are corrected and you get to drive your car ASAP. But I know the House Of Imports, to be the best dealer in SoCal, we've only bought two Benz's from them, and we've gotten terrific deals on both cars. Maybe even a third, soon. I know nothing about Marcus, but I thought it was rather noble of him to admit his mistake in front of many of his customers and try to make efforts to correct this mistake. The only thing that sucks about the House is the service department, IMHO. But other than that, they have the best deals!

Good luck with your transaction and again, very sorry about your experience.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:04 PM
BWL

You made your customer look bad in public instead of offering an apology. That's pathetic. How much is a car cover ? $20 ?

In addition to which I also think that your customer is spinning a few lines himself. Stone chips at truck height would be near impossible unless the truck was being driven past an active volcano.

Holy cow man .... at least 10 people farted in the car before it was sold. What is a bug on the grille going to do when that is exactly what will happen no matter who drives it.

Quite frankly it seems like you work much better in person and face to face which is what I think you should do. Obviously these out of state deals are not the same as a deal in person.
Sorry, but I completely disagree with you. I think in this case customer emotion got in the way of being rational. I don't have a problem with airing grievances when its justified, but as Fastbuck has already stated the original story was rather one sided and incomplete. Whatever differences of opinion there were between MarcusBenz and the customer should have been addressed off-line. As things stand I think MarcusBenz has undeservedly received a "black eye" from this public airing.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Let's Not Keep Picking On a Wound

Originally Posted by BWL
Sorry, but I completely disagree with you. I think in this case customer emotion got in the way of being rational. I don't have a problem with airing grievances when its justified, but as Fastbuck has already stated the original story was rather one sided and incomplete. Whatever differences of opinion there were between MarcusBenz and the customer should have been addressed off-line. As things stand I think MarcusBenz has undeservedly received a "black eye" from this public airing.
Lets abandon this thread, move on, and not continue to post opinions pro or con on this subject as the continued debate does neither party any good, doesn't let anybody move on, and we are here to assist, not hurt anyone. Agreed?

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 08-03-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BWL
You completely disagree with the poor taste shown by both sides ? I would hate to see your golf outfit.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
You completely disagree with the poor taste shown by both sides ? I would hate to see your golf outfit.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:00 PM

Air Force 1s
BWL: I'm not sure how you can say my story is one sided, of course it is it is my experience. I can't tell you what goes on in someone else's head, only what goes on in mine. And the story was told from what I heard, smelled, seen, touched and taste and unless your sitting in Marcus's office or mine then you can't tell me my story is incomplete and one sided. Mark had a chance to come on and explain his side which he did and no harm no foul. I'm cool with the whole situation and alot of my problems probably stem from being so far away and Mark probably never selling a car to Pennsylvania. Just wanted to drive my car (without getting pulled over) that was just sitting in front of my house. All I'm waiting for now is the final state inspection and my original bumpers and exhaust sent to me. If I could I would put an end to this thread so we can focus on more important things. Driving around pimpin ho's :p
Old 08-04-2004, 01:16 PM
BWL

HollaBack,

With all due respect I think you should re-read your original post and what MarcusBenz replied with. Even the casual observer would have to admit that your version of the events left out some mitigating factors.

With regard to your statement of "no harm no foul" I would still have to say that this thread has harmed MarcusBenz.

I understand your frustration about how your car was transported and that there were delays in getting the vehicle registered (on this I can empathize with you because of similar paperwork delays I experienced), I just would not have taken the path of venting in this forum the way you have. Don't get me wrong, I do believe there is value in your story, its just that it should have been done without coming off as a personal attack.

Purchasing a vehicle from out of state requires planning and patience - something that not everyone should pursue.

Happy driving.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally Posted by BWL
Even the casual observer would have to admit that your version of the events left out some mitigating factors.
I wonder if he is related to Michael Moore..
Old 08-04-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Xristo
I wonder if he is related to Michael Moore..
That's better than flat-out lying like W.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Originally Posted by Baby Jocko
That's better than flat-out lying like W.
Prove it; but not in this thread...
Old 08-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Banned

BWL: I'm not sure how you can say my story is one sided, of course it is it is my experience. I can't tell you what goes on in someone else's head, only what goes on in mine. And the story was told from what I heard, smelled, seen, touched and taste and unless your sitting in Marcus's office or mine then you can't tell me my story is incomplete and one sided. Mark had a chance to come on and explain his side which he did and no harm no foul. I'm cool with the whole situation and alot of my problems probably stem from being so far away and Mark probably never selling a car to Pennsylvania. Just wanted to drive my car (without getting pulled over) that was just sitting in front of my house. All I'm waiting for now is the final state inspection and my original bumpers and exhaust sent to me. If I could I would put an end to this thread so we can focus on more important things. Driving around pimpin ho's :p
I think the part you seem to forget is that if it was my ride I would have been down at the dealership and seen it get put onto the truck personally.

After all you bought a car and not the whole dealership - so expecting more than the car you paid for is a bit on the pompous side.

Had you paid 20% more than sticker you might have got a ticker tape parade and the Dallas CowGirls but clearly you went to Marcus to get a deal that was cheaper than your local dealer. Am I wrong ?

Let me assure you, I am on a different continent and I speak for myself.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Xristo
Prove it; but not in this thread...
I dont think the President lied at all, that would imply he was running the Government.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:22 PM

My point is that you should keep politics out of this board. Besides, you do not want to debate politics with me. I would eat you alive! Judging by your stance, you'd be too easy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's so good about Marcus Benz and House of Imports!