Airmatic - rear level sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 09:12 AM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320, 2008 E320 Bluetec
Airmatic - rear level sensor

Good morning,

Does anyone have experience replacing the rear level sensor for the Airmatic suspension? I believe mine is bad as the rear end is sitting on the bump stops and I can't find anything else wrong with the Airmatic system except that the computer thinks the rear is at 120mm (vs the front at 80mm) when it's actually much much lower. Is the part number for the sensor itself the same as the front sensors? Also, anyone know where to find the linkages?

I'm taking everything apart later today to see if it's the linkages broken or just disconnected, but I'm trying to get a jump on my shopping. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2020, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 W211, 2013 GL450
Originally Posted by charlesb2003
Good morning,

Does anyone have experience replacing the rear level sensor for the Airmatic suspension? I believe mine is bad as the rear end is sitting on the bump stops and I can't find anything else wrong with the Airmatic system except that the computer thinks the rear is at 120mm (vs the front at 80mm) when it's actually much much lower. Is the part number for the sensor itself the same as the front sensors? Also, anyone know where to find the linkages?

I'm taking everything apart later today to see if it's the linkages broken or just disconnected, but I'm trying to get a jump on my shopping. Thanks!
One rear level sensor on the E-Class. It sits in the middle close to the rear differential and it is kind of hard to get at. Sometimes it gets rusty and spraying it with some lubricant might help . Otherwise, there are a few videos/ instruction here and on youtube on how to change it if you need to.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:52 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320, 2008 E320 Bluetec
I fixed my issue, the linkage that connects to the level sensor had come loose. I popped it back on and all is well again. Hoping it stays put. It was definitely a pain to reach. Thanks for your reply ImadM!