E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Anyone know of mercedes rear monitor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinto
Anyone know of mercedes rear monitor?

i was looking through the euro manual and came across the rear montior that can be connected to the command. i was wondering if anyone have this in there car or could it be ordered through MB dealer? where does it go anyways?
Old 08-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
The rear monitor cannot be connected to the US comand...according to MB all parts from the ashtray to the rear are different for cars with the rear monitor...

Nevertheless, we will be installing an OEM rear monitor into Scorchies 2003 US spec W211 which already has euro comand and TV tuner...

greetingz,
Old 08-02-2004, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinto
hey steve, what's going on man. i have the euro command that you hook me up with and i was wondering what would it take to have that montior install in my car. would it be to much trouble and too much $$$ to have it done. also i would like to get some info about the tv tuner. thanks.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
We will be installing Scorchies during the second half of september...after that I can exactly say what is involved (labour and moneywise)..as for now, I can only say that according to the mercedes documents a lot of parts have to be swapped...

TV tuner is pretty much the same...we installed Scorchies TV tuner in combination with the original mercedes TV antenna amplifiers...fairly expensive compared to the aftermarket TV antennas I usually use (but due to a change in antenna connectors OEM was the only way to go).

There are two different TV tuners available for the W211 and 2 different versions of the euro comand as far as connecting a TV tuner is to be concerned...whatever possibility there is, depends on the comand that was installed in your car...I presume you had yours installed earlier this week...If so - then I have 1 compatible TV tuner left...

greetingz,