Airmatic trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E220 CDI S211
Airmatic trouble

Hi.

Got a 211 with airmatic that has started to leak somewhere.

The car drops down on both side in front after 30-60 minutes, and it has lifted up again after i started the car.

Today i got the red message with "stop, car to low" showing twice, but ot dissapear after some seconds and the car had rise again.

If the strut on driverside leaking, will the passengerside drop down to? Or should i try to change the valveblock since the car lower on both sides in front? The driverside is a little bit lower that the passenger side.

When i jacked up the car, i heard the air blowed out of the strut on driverside. Is this a sign of the strut is leaking?
Old 03-20-2020, 08:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
w211 04 e220
Yes it is a sign that you have a leak,you should test all 4 sides with star,in my case i had 1 strut blown .And 2 more struts would sag because they couldn't handle the weight.You can also try this but you need to be fast,lower the car on sport 2 then push the button to go all the way up,then exit car and put ur ear where the struts are ,u shouldn't be able to hear any air escaping, only when it stops raising.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,384 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
The system has a program written by programmer on dope, so logics can go only so far. I had situation when wagon hold the level over freezing night, but dumped the air when I start driving.
I concluded that when compressor froze at low temperatures, the computer open the valves and let the air out.
But anyway, you need to get a scanner who can monitor system pressure. This way you can start troubleshooting who will tell you if you have line leak, or bag leak.
Than by raising 1 corner at the time you might try to pinpoint leaking bag.
But if your bags are about 10 yo, they qualify for replacement.