E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Rear Hub Bush

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S211 320cdi Sport estate (facelift)
Rear Hub Bush

I have play in the near side rear hub bush (which connects the rear lower spring control arm and the hub - A211 350 0306) and I cant seem to find the info I need to replace, so I have a few questions....

1) It seems I can just replace the bush. Can I do that by just unbolting it and dropping the arm down - giving enough clearance to press out? Or do I have to unbolt the stabiliser, track control arm etc and maybe pull the whole hub forward?
2) If I cant just replace the bush, then I have to replace the whole control arm. Can I do this by unbolting and using a jack to lower the tension out of the spring etc. I have my doubts as this is a T (estate) model with self leveling suspension on the rear.

Happy to be directed to another page... all the posts I can find are about Airmatic and that is not my set up.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2020, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,489 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by boygould
I have play in the near side rear hub bush (which connects the rear lower spring control arm and the hub - A211 350 0306) and I cant seem to find the info I need to replace, so I have a few questions....

1) It seems I can just replace the bush. Can I do that by just unbolting it and dropping the arm down - giving enough clearance to press out? Or do I have to unbolt the stabiliser, track control arm etc and maybe pull the whole hub forward?
2) If I cant just replace the bush, then I have to replace the whole control arm. Can I do this by unbolting and using a jack to lower the tension out of the spring etc. I have my doubts as this is a T (estate) model with self leveling suspension on the rear.

Happy to be directed to another page... all the posts I can find are about Airmatic and that is not my set up.

Thanks in advance
The rear self leveling is airmatic.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 E320 (RIP), 2005 E500 4M wagon
Originally Posted by boygould

Thanks in advance
While I have an E500 4M wagon with Airmatic (I dont think rear self leveling alone is considered airmatic) I believe the rear control arm is essentially the same and Ive seen a few posts confirming that bushing PN 2043520027 (Lemforder 3475601) is the proper replacement for the bushing in the control arm. I plan on doing this in the near future so if you get to it first please share your experience with the rest of us!

Best
Hashem
Old 05-03-2020, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S211 320cdi Sport estate (facelift)
Still struggling

Originally Posted by drbenz88
While I have an E500 4M wagon with Airmatic (I dont think rear self leveling alone is considered airmatic) I believe the rear control arm is essentially the same and Ive seen a few posts confirming that bushing PN 2043520027 (Lemforder 3475601) is the proper replacement for the bushing in the control arm. I plan on doing this in the near future so if you get to it first please share your experience with the rest of us!

Best
Hashem
After reading many posts and doing some research I bought a bush and set off trying to fit. Turns out the bush that is readily available is 40mm and is for the steel spring control arm...not the alloy one as fitted to those will self levelling suspension or airmatic.
I estimate the bush for the alloy arms is circa 38mm ... could be smaller. Have had to abandon the job and look for parts.
At the moment it would seem the only option is to buy a complete spring control arm from the dealer PLEASE CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME IF THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

In terms of installation. I have removed the bolts from the spring control arm, track control arm and one other (forgot its name) from.the lower hub then pulled the hub forward which has freed the spring arm.
I readiness for complete arm replacement, I have slackened the air pipe at the block under the different to relax the air spring.

I will now check the stealer price and hopefully have someone give me an alternate/cheaper option.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2020, 11:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 E320 (RIP), 2005 E500 4M wagon
I just went back to the original forum posting that I referenced and noticed you just posted there as well! This is pretty frustrating and a really poor design choice by MB. When I replaced this same bushing on my W210 (its in the steering knuckle) it made a huge difference in ride feel and I'm sure my wagon could use the same. Unfortunately I have airmatic as well. I'll keep looking for info.