Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
w211 e500
SRS light - messed up the coding

Hello,

I have a 2005 Mercedes Benz E500 RWD

​​​​​​I was using an autel maxisys scanner and I was messing around with the coding last year when I first bought the car to try to remove the SRS light due to the WSS system not being calibrated properly.

I since then have recalibrated the WSS system properly but the coding to the airbag module N2/7 is still wrong. I know I was stupid for messing around with the coding but now I'm stuck without a backup and with no clue on which settings on the coding that have to be present or not present or active or not active. As well as there are about six different seat mat types and I have no clue which one I have or if I have to choose the option no seat mat.

does anyone have any idea on how to get the proper coding or would I have to take it to a Mercedes-Benz dealership?

I'm going to keep trying trial and error until I get it right but it takes forever to go back and forth throughout the different menus and if I don't get it right I'll give in to the dealership.

Please no comments about how stupid I was for messing around with the coding, I didn't think it was that serious and I thought that there would be some sort of button to default the settings back to normal but now I know there isn't any.

Error codes are : 9084, 9081, 902D, 902C, AD52, 90A6

I had it configured to where I only got one code left but I tried resetting the module and lost the configuration I had and I didn't write it down. Now I'm starting over, writing down each configuration I do with the coding to see if I can get it right.

Thank you

EDIT: just got it down to 4 error codes.

9084, 9081, 902D, 902C.

EDIT: back to 6 codes after turning the car off and on lol

These are the different passenger seat mat types , and there's one more option when you scroll down called \"WSS Bladder Delphi start" and one more option saying "no seat mat" I don't believe that I have a mat in my seat, I have the 4 sensors on the corner of the seat frame which I believe they got rid of in the newer w211's and put in the seat mat.

another option menu I found with even more options for seat mat types

Edit: got it down to 2 codes with :

1. Child occupancy sensor- NOT PRESENT
2. SBE (DIGITAL) - PRESENT
3. OC/AKSE

those are the 3 different settings I've been trying with and got it down to 2 codes which are the n2/7 coding is faulty and n2/7 unit is faulty

Been sitting in my car for 6 hours trying different methods. Going to call dealership tomorrow and see what they can do as well as find a used airbag module to replace it with.

Any other tips? Thanks for reading if you got this far lol

Edit: dealership told me it'll take all day which is equal to about $1800 so not doing that lol if anyone else can help me find out where to code it, what to code, or why it's saying coding faulty due to different components in the WSS and/or airbag module that would be great thanks

Last edited by adoomie; 04-01-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'05 E500 Blk Opal/Stone, 321 AMG Package, Lighting Package, Harmon K., Parktronic, Keyless Go, Nav
I had the exact same problem. For the same reason, I was trying to delete the WSS system. I was unsuccessful.

Instead, I replaced the faulty sensor and went through the "Zero Point Setting" using Xentry/DAS. This is where you go through the "Initial Start Up" guided steps of moving the seat forward up down back. Then you put weight on the seat 17kg 45kg etc.

Once I completed all of these tasks, the SRS light would still not go off. I had fault codes:

9084 N2/7 Restraint systems control unit) coding is faulty.

9081 The coding of control unit N2/7 (Restraint systems control unit) does not correspond with the actual installation variant of control unit WSS and/or its components.

902C Component B48 (Front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition) is either defective or wrong. If fault code occurs with no complaint reported and no malfunctions, erase fault memory and perform a function check.

902D The component or the signal line to the component B48 (Front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition) has Open circuit.

90A6 Component B48 (Front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition) is either defective or wrong.

The reason I had these codes is because when I was trying to delete WSS, I switched up the variant coding in the Airbag Control Module. I could not remember the correct variant coding, thus these codes are thrown.
SOLVED - I eventually just used Xentry/DAS to reset the Airbag Module. This was very simple, you answer a few easy questions and the module is reset. Once I did this, the correct variant coding was automatically entered. The SRS light disappeared seconds after the Airbag module was reset.

This is the correct variant coding in the Airbag Module for a 211.070. This is a 2005 E500 in this case.

Last edited by beanieBenz; 05-19-2022 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Problem solved since I first posted in this string.