E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Service Request: Mobile Repair of Oil Cooler Leak, 07 E320 Bluetec, Anaheim,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 04:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Service Request: Mobile Repair of Oil Cooler Leak, 07 E320 Bluetec, Anaheim,

Apologies if this is not the right forum, or if requests for mobile repair are disallowed.

My wife's daily driver (when not under quarantine) is a 2007 E320 (Bluetec) we've had since 50,000 miles. It now has 190,000 miles. After the last oil change (which I did via aspiration--not pulling the oil plug drain, in other words), it started leaking oil. I am all but sure it is the dreaded oil cooler leak.

I am ambivalent about repairing the leak. It will take ten labor hours to replace a $5 gasket. I am told that the leak is primarily one of annoyance--it doesn't threaten the engine itself, outside of the risk of the oil level draining to dangerously low levels. However, I'm not a fan of having to guard my garage floor against the dark oil stains. And, worse, I know that neglecting this malady will lend itself to being slack on other maintenance, and the result will be the car will suffer.

Due to corona virus, I know that many shops are closed.

So, my question is this: are there any capable mobile mechanics in Orange County, Ca (or Riverside County) who would like to repair my oil leak? Ideally, you will have done it before, because I know it is a tedious and time-consuming--though not particularly challenging--repair. If so, at what cost?

Thanks!

Stay healthy and safe.

Last edited by wukinpanub; 04-26-2020 at 10:00 PM.