E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How to PROVE EGR valve is off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 10:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
E320 CDI W211
How to PROVE EGR valve is off

Hi Guys, Ive recently done a remap on my e320 cdi. it also removed the EGR which im happy about after clearing the intake manifold many times when it was filled with soot!!!

I have Star Diagnosis and when i do a EGR check it still registers the egr being very active, 60% still. the Remapper states that this was not true and he had turned it off but the system will still report the EGR is running, but i dont really believe that as such. does anyone have any bulletproof is the EGR activated or not ? Star Says its activated. Remapper says its not... i dont know who to believe!

Thanks for the advice. Also is attached my EGR Remap file, if anyone is better than me at finding maps in WINOLS and could check or map it out that'll be very helpful!!! (the one supposily without the egr is the Stage 1 EGR file...

Thanks,

Harrison
Attached Files
File Type: zip
MERC stage 1.zip (327.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 05-08-2020, 09:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,048 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
I'd say you have been pimped my your so called remapper. I'd go with DAS Xentry any day. Or wait a month and do your so called soot thing-----wada you find
Old 05-09-2020, 03:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
E320 CDI W211
Originally Posted by Plutoe
I'd say you have been pimped my your so called remapper. I'd go with DAS Xentry any day. Or wait a month and do your so called soot thing-----wada you find
thing is, I have ECM titanium, and I can compare remaps and I know he has done a good job at remapping it.. I can see the difference in values etc. But cannot turn the EGR off myself unfortunalty. Also my 0-60 went from 6.6 to 5.7 which I was very happy with! I know he’s done the remap well.... just wondering is it possible for DAS to fire a reading even when the EGR is shut!