Have a challenge its never stright forward

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 w211
Post Have a challenge its never stright forward

Hi All

W211 E500 2003 . I have a love hate relationship with this car and have and have over come Keyless entry door actuator return spring issues, Engine damper split, high resistance HT lead, SBS count clock re-programing that are a few issues that comes to mind.

The latest challenge is intermittent Hazard control panel working it failed just before the MOT and just before the lock-down. The extent of investigation and symptoms are as follows.
Checked all fuses all OK and negative path were possible checked.
Star Diagnostic has no communication with the unit, ALTHOUGH the CAN is working right up to the plug connection as have use of STAR and oscilloscope the signal is correct voltage and stable.
On the 6 cable connection I have proved 12 volts in and out the middle two wires are CAN and correct voltage signal present. BUT I'm struggling with the next two cables what they do or what to expect on them?????

I've considered getting a second hand panel as I was under the impression it might have internally failed. But opening the car today with the stereo OFF it came to LIFE only until I turned on the stereo then back to square one what ever I do it will not work.

So its not the panel, its a connection in my opinion that suffers a power drain so intern loss of coms. So I'm thinking that the OTHER TWO CABLES could be CAN HI or linked to the Audio gateway.

ant advice or experiences would be gratefully appreciated,

apologies for lack of technical detail I do not have my gained info on me at this moment.

Best regards and I trust your all keeping well and missing using your verticals. I know I am. Ian

Old 05-10-2020, 10:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Do you have CD changer try minimum configuration COMAND (radio) and AGW (amp) if fine, loop in remaining devices one at a time MB offers MOST bridge part # 0005454484.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MOST ring function.pdf (88.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 05-12-2020, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 w211
Thanks Konigstiger food for thought

Today I opened the car and the panel is back to life.

So using the Hazards as a stable / visual indicator I turned on / off the stereo, started the engine several times ran the car turned on off the harards and all back to normal every button worked.

But as the car had been sat for 3 weeks and running the electrics for over an 1 hour (engine off) the consumer electrics turned off "happened" and at this time I parked the car in the garage ONLY for the panel to become completely DEAD again so its all in the air.
Pulling my hair out at the moment.

I'm still of the opioion it's a wake up voltage issue.

Any experiances welcome, beside a galoon of fuel and a match not quite there yet.

Chrees Guys

Ian
Old 05-13-2020, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Eyes wide open
But as the car had been sat for 3 weeks and running the electrics for over an 1 hour (engine off) the consumer electrics turned off "happened" and at this time I parked the car in the garage ONLY for the panel to become completely DEAD again so its all in the air. I'm still of the opioion it's a wake up voltage issue.
Consumer shut off, see attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Electrical_system.pdf (53.2 KB, 34 views)