E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Weird rear airmatic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 05:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W212 E550 4Matic, W211 E55 AMG
Weird rear airmatic

Hi guys. I have read a bunch of airmatic threads but still haven't found the info I am looking for. Here is the rundown. My front struts, rear struts and rear bags have less than 40k on them so the suspension is relatively new. I have been having a weird issue latey. I was at work the other day and when I came out, both rears were at the bump stops. Started the car, back to normal. For 2 days no problems. Today same thing. Went in to work, came out and rear on bump stops again. I parked in the exact same spot 2 times and both times the rear dropped. The spot where I parked is higher in the front than the rear. In cold temp I sometimes get the 5508 code (pressure line leaks) when I first leave my house in the morning. The code seems to come on when I hit 60kph. When this happens I turn off the car and restart it. The code doesn't come back. I also think I hear blow off noises lately when driving from the suspension. What is the most likely culprit? Valve block? Rear level sensor?

If it was one of the rear bags that had a leak, would both sides drop the exact same amount when parked? Does the suspension do anything in regards to leveling when the car is parked? Some say yes and some say no.

Any help would be appreciated since I am still looking for a new good indy shop in my area.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W212 E550 4Matic, W211 E55 AMG
Sorry wrong forum. Mods please delete