E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

EVAP Monitor not clearing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 09:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E-350 2006
EVAP Monitor not clearing

Hi all. This is my first post on this forum, and I hope someone can help.

The MIL (check engine light) came on recently. I used my scan tool (Innova 3130) to determine a fault Code P0452....EVAP System Pressure Sensor/Switch Low.
I started with the easiest solution by renewing the fuel cap. I erased the code, and drove for about 100 miles. No check engine light, so I thought that solved the issue.
Took my car for a CA Smog Check, and the MIL came on during the test, which resulted in a FAIL.
I read the live data on the scan tool and the fuel tank pressure sensor appeared to be the culprit. I dashed off to the auto parts store for a new one (Delco 09377680), installed it (very easy), cleared the fault code and took it for a 50 mile drive. No check engine light...so I thought I would give another shot at the Smog Check.
Another FAIL....the EVAP System cycle had not completed. Smog guy told me to keep driving to allow the system to finish the EVAP test cycle.

I've driven another 150 miles, following the recommended drive cycle to the letter, and repeating it twice. The EVAP monitor is still "pending".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

John