E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

sounds coming from below?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' S550,,,C63!
sounds coming from below?

the car going at 5mph with the radio off I hear sound like somthing is loose or something is wrong? have anyone experiance this problem? and also the brakes makes a different noise.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:24 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
with the radio off, I can hear the A/C fan in faintly. I could never hear this before, but this is the first summer with the car. I know people have said that it is loud, but should it really be this loud? Multiple people standing outside my car when it is on have asked me why the car is so loud.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:05 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Yes, the auxiliary fan is that loud. Whether it should be that loud is another question, but that's the way it is for everyone. Somebody who lives in Florida compared it to the sound of an airboat - one of those boats with an airplane motor and propeller. Look on the bright side - it shows how effective the W211 soundproofing is. While people outside your car are wincing and covering their ears, you can barely hear the fan if your windows are up.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:24 AM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
If you've got the SBC brakes, it will make whirring noises after you release the brakes. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. You only notice it when the radio is off and you're in a quiet area. The sounds are normal operation of the brakes.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by esport
the car going at 5mph with the radio off I hear sound like somthing is loose or something is wrong? have anyone experiance this problem? and also the brakes makes a different noise.

Yes, especially when reverse first thing in the morning, it is very loud and seems like something is definately wrong (sounds like something loose or something...), its definately not the brakes or AC fan in my case, as others mention...too lazy to take to dealer though
if you DO take it in, please let us know the diagnonsis ...thank you
Old 08-19-2004, 10:46 AM

'03 E320 CDI Avantgarde '00 Renault Mégane Coupé 1.6 16v (wife).
Originally Posted by esport
the car going at 5mph with the radio off I hear sound like somthing is loose or something is wrong
Originally Posted by moa4r
especially when reverse first thing in the morning
I hear a metallic sound coming from below in these two situtions. Going at 5mph I need to sightly depress de gas pedal to hear that sound, (at full throttle only the engine can be heard).
Maybe it is not the same as you described.

Didn´t take the car for diagnostic yet .