E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by dchoe
Late update: I finally resolved the vibration isssue. I ended up taking my car to Advanced Motorsport in Carson. They found out that the bushing on the control arm was cracked and worn. Once replaced the car runs perfect! If you ever in the area and need service for you benz ask for Marc at AMS. I'm sure they can help.
I am glad that you solved the problem. I would go back to the dealer that said that it was normal that all 4 matics have this problem and make them take a long walk off a short peer with cement shoes. You should get some sort of compensation for your time, you should not have to trouble-shoot their problems for them and then bypass them in order to get the problem fixed (which they said was not a problem).

I am very good at dealing with this kind of dealer issue and I tend to get something from the dealer if they fail at their job and lie about the problem by saying that it is really OK.

My 2004 E320 4 Matic is smooth with both summer and winter tires. No car of this caliber has any vibrations that are normal! You were right to question this all along! Once again: GOOD FOR YOU! Now go get something free of charge. You can even accuse them if missing a safety issue with your car.

I am not usually vindictive, but MB drivers are sometimes treated as mechanical morons by the dealer (so far my new dealer has not).

Steve