E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Easy Entry/Exit not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Yup, I can se the "popped top". I don't know what engines are being used in them here. UPS has begun using them & Plumbers & tradespeople whe want a larger stand up van in which to work than the regular "full sized, engine in the front seat vans" available here. I have seen none yet with the passenger windows installed, and equipped as a passenger type vehicle. I might have to go look at one at a dealer.

Hi Barry,
I have just had a quick look at the Dodge site. It looks like the CDI engine coupled to a coventional 5 speed automatic. The Sprint Shift 6 speed is not even mentioned which is a great shame.

There is indeed a short wheelbase passenger type vehicle but I cannot find any pictures (I did not stay on site to long) My own vehicle has Mercedes-Benz windows throughout, but is a 3550 wheelbase

The dashboard layout of the Dodge bears no similarity to the Mercedes-Benz and obviously the front grille is completely different.

ESP is only available on the shortest wheelbase which again seems strange.

Weird how the 'Dodge' 2.7ltr CDI has a seven year warranty and yet the 3.2CDI in the car does not?

This is a copy of the information on the US site and I will start a new thread with just this item because it refers directly to a regular question being asked about oil changes.

******Nothing can match Sprinter's available ASSYST maintenance monitoring system. This technology is so refined, it can stretch the already impressive 10,000-mile standard oil change intervals up to an incredible 20,000 miles. And with Dodge's 7-year/70,000-mile powertrain limited warranty* and 7-year/100,000-mile diesel engine warranty** you can be confident Sprinter will be there for the long haul.

*7/100 Diesel Engine Limited Warranty: With Every Dodge Sprinter, you're backed by the DaimlerChrysler 7-year/100,000-mile Diesel Engine Limited

Regards,
John

A beautiful morning in Torquay (clouds are on the way)