E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Spots on the seat - how to remove?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2004 | 06:53 PM

Spots on the seat - how to remove?

I used some spray on sun block lotion and some ended up getting on my seats and drying there. I tried to scrub off the stains with warm water but it made no difference. I have black leather. Any ideas of how to get off these spots???
Old 08-26-2004 | 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
I've had success with Ethanol in the past with leather. Using a damp sponge, I dipped it in some ethanol and scrubbed the affected area. I was trying to remove some old ink stains and it worked like a charm. I was surprised that the ethanol didn't damange the leather.

I'd recommend you test it in a small area first that is not visible, in case something goes wrong.
Old 08-27-2004 | 08:11 AM

'07 GL450
My dealer uses something called "Spray-9?" for almost any stain that needs to be removed from my w211's interior.

I have no idea what it is, nor how it works, but it's done the job quite nicely everytime; anything from carbonated beverage spills to sole marks from my grimy shoes after walking through salinated, melted, city snow puddles and inadvertantly rubbing them against my car's interior.

It works. That's all I know.
Old 08-27-2004 | 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
My Cadillac dealrs lot boy removed some mechanic's grease from light tan Deville Seats with a small amount of Formula 409. I saw him do it & it worked & didn't hurt the seats. I myself would not use it. Test an inconspicuous spot, be sure to rinse it off with water & be sure to wipe dry.