Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E280
Unhappy Low RPM on E280 V6

Hello guys,

i´m from Germany and live in Berlin.

I got an E Class from 2006 facelift M272.943. I ask in German Forums but they can´t help me to solve my problem. I hope i can find here the answer for the problem.

The car have now 140.000km its a gasoline with sportpackage and panoramic sunroof. i love this car.

I bought the car since 2 years. I´ts driving wonderful. After 1 year no engine light, nothing the cars idle goes down to 590-600 RPM. But i can remember and have pictures where´s the car still on 700-750 RPM in D position when its warm about 70 degreece celsius.

Okay.. now just for information the Chain and Camshaft is new. i changed so many parts like intake manifold, new coils and plugs, coolant temperature sensor and so on. But nothing changed. we make a fogtest to see if its leaking but no leaks. All fine. i feel that the car have not full power but there is no error in CEL... I cleaned today the engine throttlebody and nothing.. It´s the same, the car stills on 600rpm...

At mornings when i start the car cold the RPM goes up to 1300 and sinks in the next 10 seconds to 750RPM. Outside temperature was 1 degreece celsius. I remember that the car needs more time at high RPM to get warmer the catalysators. But anyway, when i start do drive the car or better the engine is shaking and its so hard i dont know. after the engine is warm up to 40 degreece it will be litte bit smoother but have engine vibrations everytime in D, R, littebit in P and N. transmissionmount is new. i know that i need new enginemounts. but enginemounts are not the problem for no power or low RPM.

short term fueltrim are booth okay. in idle they are at -4,5%
while driving booth on 0%

long term fueltrim on bank 1 is at 8.59% i dont know why.
bank 2 is 2.78%

the values are not changing. sometimes LTFT at bank 1 change to 7% sometimes up to 9.3%

i´m slowly not enjoying the car.

best regards from germany

Last edited by M272germany; 01-06-2021 at 04:12 PM.