E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Workshop codes???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Ridgeline
Workshop codes???

I’m currently in litigation with a repair shop which botched an oil change on my 2003 E55 and ultimately caused the engine to seize (snapped off the oil filter housing shaft). Long story short, I need to prove to the courts that they were in fact the ones who performed the oil change (they are flat out lying saying they never touched it).... Does the “workshop code” noted in the ECU’s service history have any connection with the specific shop which would have reset the service interval? (see attached photo):

Old 01-11-2021, 09:11 PM

Received 246 Likes on 168 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
No. Didn't you get a receipt?? Credit card charge??
The following users liked this post:
Benzenator (01-21-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Ridgeline
Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
No. Didn't you get a receipt?? Credit card charge??
Long story short: paid a shop cash (unfortunately) to install a new harmonic balancer, they neglected to torque the center bolt to spec., balancer spun right off the nose of the crank less than 5 miles out of the shop, shop says “they can fix it”, they take a Dremel tool to the snout of the crank and sent a bunch of metal shavings into the oil pan, they change the oil (without my permission) to try and flush the metal shavings, in the process they overfilled the oil by 5 quarts and snapped off the oil filter housing shaft, once again less than 5 miles out of their shop the engine seizes. Mechanic shop denies changing the oil and makes up a story that I picked car up in good working order and brought it back to them two weeks later with a blown engine. ECU records show oil was changed at 179280 Km’s, the car now sits with a blown engine at 179287 Km’s. Attached is a link to the conversation I secretly recorded when I first approached them about the failed harmonic balancer installation:

the only receipt I was able to pry out of them was for a battery which they insisted on installing because the old one wouldn’t hold a charge overnight. That invoice is marked 179281 Km’s, when I went their demanding an invoice for the unauthorized oil change they said come back in an hour and we’ll have it, 20 minutes later they call me and say if you ever come back here again we’re calling the cops and getting a restraining order put in place.

I have encountered some ****ty human beings in my time, but never to this level. Once things have been hashed out in court I will be making the name
of the shop VERY public.

Last edited by Scottjuly79; 01-11-2021 at 10:52 PM.