E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Airmatic will not lower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Airmatic will not lower

I have a 2009 E550 w211 airmatic. Recently I replaced all air shocks front and back. After replacing I noticed my car no longer goes into airmatic one or two. The car will raise when you push the button and then lower again to its original height of 0.12 front and back. The car raises to 0.75 on all sides . I've also noticed that the car will not level once I get into it at least right away. I have icarsoft and there are no codes. What did I do wrong?
Old 01-13-2021, 07:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
07 E550 4M - 11 Audi TT - 99 Expedition EB
Which front air springs did you get?

Originally Posted by James Talbert
I have a 2009 E550 w211 airmatic. Recently I replaced all air shocks front and back. After replacing I noticed my car no longer goes into airmatic one or two. The car will raise when you push the button and then lower again to its original height of 0.12 front and back. The car raises to 0.75 on all sides . I've also noticed that the car will not level once I get into it at least right away. I have icarsoft and there are no codes. What did I do wrong?
Old 01-13-2021, 08:17 PM

E320
I bought both front from Arnott with there lifetime warranty which I just cashed in on for the second time because one of them was making a noise and like I said the car won't lower. Then I replaced the rear with Arnott through FCP Euro and their lifetime warranty. I had replaced the front and then a year later I replaced the rear which was just a month ago and then that's when it stopped lowering. So I just replaced the front again as I mentioned and still no change. Although the front noise went away.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
07 E550 4M - 11 Audi TT - 99 Expedition EB
The Arnott front air springs do not retain the ADS functionality unless you got their remanufactured units.

I opted to go with their reman springs for this reason when I replaced mine recently. That ended up not working out well for me either. I had both fronts show up defective and only 4 months later I’m already having issues with the warranty replacement on one side. I plan to get new Bilstein springs for both fronts. The rear Arnott air bags however have held up well so far.

Originally Posted by James Talbert
I bought both front from Arnott with there lifetime warranty which I just cashed in on for the second time because one of them was making a noise and like I said the car won't lower. Then I replaced the rear with Arnott through FCP Euro and their lifetime warranty. I had replaced the front and then a year later I replaced the rear which was just a month ago and then that's when it stopped lowering. So I just replaced the front again as I mentioned and still no change. Although the front noise went away.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:34 PM

E320
The first time I changed the 2 front air units 2 years ago i went through Arnott and everything worked fine. Then recently I replaced the rear airbag and shock on each side and I eventually noticed it wasn't lowering anymore. So since the front end was making noises in the air struts I used the lifetime warranty and replaced the two front. And like I said earlier in the thread there was no change. Still cannot go into Sport 1 or sport 2. The car raises fine though. Could it just be a faulty air pump?