W211 2003 e320 No crank no start fan on high

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 mercedes benz e320
Exclamation W211 2003 e320 No crank no start fan on high

Hey having some troubles and hoping you guys may be able to help

Boosted the car with a booster pack when purchased. Proceeded to disconnect and the car went into limp mode when we drove it. Went back, reconnected the booster and kept it on and the car worked fine everything was working including the radio unsure of lights however the trunk wasn’t opening without the manual key and still isn't. Later discovered that both batteries were completely dead. Unfortunately before that we attempted to boost the car a few times with another battery and then another car. Neither worked. Purchased a battery went to connect and reversed the terminals for a second. Then went to start the car and it turned over perfectly, started right up. However the radio was not turning on at all and running lights aren't working however when i break the lights turn on and when i turn the high beams on they also work.. Not too big of a deal, I ended up getting about 30-40 good clean starts in. I then Switched the fuse for the radio as it turned out to be blown. After doing so just the Mercedes logo popped up for a few seconds then disappeared. Then after some more investigating i discovered the cd changer was also blown. Changed that and then checked a few more, went to turn the car on and boom, No crank no start and the fan goes on high, i believe it is the radiator fan. Looking into this problem led me to suspect my ECU. I went over every fuse in all of the fuse boxes including the prefuse boxes in the trunk and the footwell. The fuses in the trunk that weren’t getting power f1, f2 (however both of the seats in the front adjust perfectly fine?) f6 is currently blown (might be responsible for radio?) f10 (don't have a fleated window) and f13. Drivers console fuse box is good. Then went to the engine compartment and discovered the majority of the fuses were not getting power. All of the fuses other than 62,63,64,65,67,55 were NOT getting power. Is that normal for a messed up ECU? Or could it be the SAM? I went to connect 3 separate scanners and none connected. however one of them I know works 100% as the car is in the scanners system however. My key was turned into pos 1, does it need to be in pos2? If i put the key in pos2 the radiator fan starts blasting after 5 seconds. What should my next steps be? I suspect it to be a bad ecu any help is appreciated

Old 04-13-2021, 01:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,028 Likes on 956 Posts
1999 E300TD
with you expensive FUYAA you toasted the electrical system----if you know a homeless person tow the car to a field and offer the car as a new home
Old 04-13-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 mercedes benz e320
I'm sure there is work that can be done. unfamiliar with FUYAA but I'm sure its something of assistance. I'll keep others posted for any info I receive
Old 08-03-2022, 04:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 E55/04 SL55/R35 GTR
Did you ever figure out this issue?