Sirius on leased car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 Wagon
Sirius on leased car

Has anyone added Sirius to his or her leased E class? I have an 04 E500 Wagon (which I love) with a little over 2 years left on the lease. If Sirius was available when I leased the car it would have just added a bit to the monthly payment. Now, if I want it, I have to spend almost $1000 only to give it back in a couple of years. I asked my dealer if it could be treated as if it were originally installed on the car and just added to my lease payment, but he said he's never had this request before. Any thoughts?
Old 09-06-2004, 10:46 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
You can remove the unit before giving the car back and sell it to recoup some costs at least.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The $1000 you will be spending includes 14 months of subscription service too, so the cost is less than you are visualizing. Yes, its a shame to leave it in the car, but the fact is the hardware will be evolving so its unlikely to be really useable on another vehicle except an '04 which will be 4 model years old 2 years from now, not likely for someone to be adding Sirius too. Also there will be a labor charge to uninstall it too. What you're left with is really about a dollar a day charge to have the Sirius radio for the next 2 years. (How much do you pay for at least 1 styrofoam cup of coffee every day?) Once you have it installed you will NEVER go back to AM or FM. If you spend any amount of time in your car, just put it in. You won't regret it. And besides, leasing is all about giving back a perfectly great car for somebody else to profit on it again.