E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Should I be concerned with the pick-up/loaner program

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I be concerned with the pick-up/loaner program

I am having service for the first time on Friday and my Mercedes dealer plans to pick-up my car and leave a loaner and then drop my car off when they are finished. Is there any reason I should not do this or anything I should be aware of???
Old 09-07-2004, 10:50 PM

2013 w204 C350
Really all depends on your dealership. I use Ray catena down in NJ and have never had a problem getting a loaner car scheduled or not scheduled for service or any minor problem I have. I have to say out of all the cars I've owned they definetly have the most leniant loaner policy I've seen. I think they do require you to be 25 for insurance purposes though; not sure how old you are. Anyways; good luck.

Fazooley
Old 09-07-2004, 11:07 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Myself, I would rather drive to the dealer and pick up from the dealer.. Less time for someone else to damage the car.. If you drop it off AND pick it up at the dealer they can't say, "Gee, we dropped it off at your place and it was okay then".
Old 09-08-2004, 07:56 PM

I am 27 so I would be OK on age.

Yeah, I am a little worried that they will damage or beat the car. It is a 45 minute drive one way. Is that crazy?
Old 09-10-2004, 07:17 PM

I thought I would pass my experience along for any of you who might be interested. I thought it was really convenient and the appointment for a loaner was not hard to get but when my car was returned to me it smelled like smoke. I think one of the drivers smoked in it which really annoys me because I am a non smoker. Thus I have to leave my windows down just to try to get rid of the smell which probably won't work. Totally sucks because I don't even like to eat in my car because I am careful of the smell. I really don't know if I would do this program again even though it is great in theory.