E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E Class 320 Airmatic Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300SE
E Class 320 Airmatic Suspension

I intend to purchase the E Class 320 in Australia. I like the Avantgarde interior finish, but being a previous S Class owner, I dont like the firm ride. I can fit airmatic suspension, but I have heard there have been some problems. Also I do not want high maintenance in later years. I have also been advised not to put in the panoramic sunroof as they rattle and squeak.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by BarryH
I intend to purchase the E Class 320 in Australia. I like the Avantgarde interior finish, but being a previous S Class owner, I dont like the firm ride. I can fit airmatic suspension, but I have heard there have been some problems. Also I do not want high maintenance in later years. I have also been advised not to put in the panoramic sunroof as they rattle and squeak.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I live in the UK and made a similar decision. The Avantgarde option is terrific, but I personally did not like the stiifer suspension. Buying the airmatic suspension would simply give me the option of something that I did not want so I elected for the no cost option of 'Comfort Suspension'.

I believe this is really the Elegance suspension, but who cares. It is perfect and one of the few 'free' options. Ask your dealer if it is available?

I cannot comment on the second part of the question, but good luck with your purchase.

John
Still windy Torquay
Old 09-08-2004, 04:06 AM

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
I heard the roads in Australia are horrible. If this is true, then I might consider the standard suspension instead of airmatic. I'm not sure how much abuse the airmatic can take. Perhaps the standard suspension with the 16" wheels might deliver a comfortable ride.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by F1Fan
I heard the roads in Australia are horrible. If this is true, then I might consider the standard suspension instead of airmatic. I'm not sure how much abuse the airmatic can take. Perhaps the standard suspension with the 16" wheels might deliver a comfortable ride.

Sadly the 'standard' suspension is the one that Barry does not want.

John

Its still windy here
Old 09-08-2004, 04:57 AM

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
Take your pick Barry since you know what the conditions of the roads will be like where you drive. If you can get an extended warranty to cover the suspension for up to 100,000 miles then airmatic might work out for you cost-wise.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Hi,

The W211 ride pretty good too, but uncomparable with S Class's full airmatic... The wheel base is longer so the ride is better..and more..

The panoramic sunroof is pretty good. I had my car for a year now and it doesn't make noise.