E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Side Mirror - Slow to Come Back Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side Mirror - Slow to Come Back Up

When putting the car in reverse the side mirror goes down but seems very slow to come back up. My last 5 series had this feature and it came back up right away. Is this how it works with this car or is mine faulty?
Old 09-10-2004, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Its working correctly. It is designed so that if you were parking in a tight space that required several forward backward maneuvers (D <-> R) the mirror would have only looked down once & stayed there, not going up & down with each transmission selector change) till you pulled out of the spot to leave or shut the car down to stay. It probably stays down an extra second or two than is rerally necessary in the grand scheme of things, much like the turn signals should really be set so that the blink 5 times rather than 3 times with a momentary flick of the signal stick. At regular (not autobahn) speeds it takes that long to change lanes & keep the signal flashing.

The timing on both was just an engineer's programming decision.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
...the turn signals should really be set so that the blink 5 times rather than 3 times with a momentary flick of the signal stick. At regular (not autobahn) speeds it takes that long to change lanes & keep the signal flashing.
Really? All I need is one blink. How long does it take for the average person to realize that the driver has signaled a lane change? It irks me when lane changing signals blink more than twice. I got the picture already!