E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

howze it work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 4matic, 2019 C300
howze it work

I just bought an 04 w211 4matic i just acquired and I am scratching my head a bit . so i thought you may be able to help a bit.
I cannot reset the dash clock, nor can i reset the trip miles. I have looked online and looked in the manual and I cant get a consensus on how to do it.
It probably stupid for me to want to do this but I just am picky that way. I can set the time on the head unit but it wont change the dash clock. Need my clock to work.
the trip meter wont even change. Im guessing it may be broke but the reset button works to reset other things so just maybe im missing an important point or something. Have no idea what to do. I dont have a command manual. I ordered one but its "in the mail." any help appreciated. Thanks
also need to know if I can install a backup camera in my cay or do I need to get something new? And lastly can i purchase the discs and download the GPS info and it will work?
Earl

Last edited by black04; 07-13-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 491 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Go to Mercedes Benz's website and you'll find the manual for your car. There's no "consensus" on how to do it, only clear instructions. If following them doesn't get you where you need to be, something is wrong.
As far as a backup camera and downloading GPS info, if the equipment isn't already installed in the car your best bet is to buy a car that has it already installed. You'll find it neither easy nor economical to do it yourself.
The following users liked this post:
Overheated (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 03:01 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
'07 E350 (W211)
Originally Posted by black04
I just bought an 04 w211 4matic i just acquired and I am scratching my head a bit . so i thought you may be able to help a bit.
I cannot reset the dash clock, nor can i reset the trip miles. I have looked online and looked in the manual and I cant get a consensus on how to do it.
It probably stupid for me to want to do this but I just am picky that way. I can set the time on the head unit but it wont change the dash clock. Need my clock to work.
the trip meter wont even change. Im guessing it may be broke but the reset button works to reset other things so just maybe im missing an important point or something. Have no idea what to do. I dont have a command manual. I ordered one but its "in the mail." any help appreciated. Thanks
also need to know if I can install a backup camera in my cay or do I need to get something new? And lastly can i purchase the discs and download the GPS info and it will work?
Earl

There is a setting either on the head unit or on the instrument cluster settings that says "sync clock with stereo".... something like that. I removed my head unit for aftermarket but I do remember having this same issue when I got mine.

The trip meter is reset by holding down the little pin thing on the left side of the instrument cluster, looks like the same little pin thing as most cars have. But it also took me a few weeks to notice is was there when I got mine too.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:57 PM

Received 112 Likes on 98 Posts
2006 E280
You'll have to push the reset quite a long, like 5 seconds. I did wonder that too when I bought mine, everything else works fine by pushing the reset, but the trip took some time to figure.
Also the clock, not sure about the '04, but on my '06 you set the clock from the steering wheel controls.