E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Anybody interested in an E55 2004 147,000 mi?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 55 AMG
Anybody interested in an E55 2004 147,000 mi?

I am absolutely in love with this car. I reall do not want to sell it at all. The reason for considering selling it is becuase maintenance is much hardrer to do myself than in my past experience with BMWs. I feel i can revisit this care when I can properly care for it the way it needs. The previous owner was somewhat cluesless/ nit forthcoming to some of the issue it had (probably knew) although they are not bad at all and anyone who loves these cars will have a beautiful black e55. I dont want to see any e55 driven to the ground especially at my fault. So if anyone is intersted let know, I will provide some details, but i will also provide further info among anyone ewho is actually interested. The car is located in South Florida

Maintenance I have preformed since ownership about 3 months:
- Change ineter cooler pump to Bosch upgrade
- Car came with adjustable coilovers
- Oil change immediately after purchase (did myself, made sure both srain plugs were drained)
- Radiator flush

Things that need addressing:

- Needs brakes, warning light came on but can still drive fine, there is squeaking as amg have know to do in the past
- Valce cover leaking of course, not horribly but it is
- RMS slow leak we all know about
- CEL ( P0507, P0455,P0505)
- Gas smell coming form outside cabin
- ac compressor is out

minot interior wear but looks grwat for most part. Below I will attach pictures, If anyone is intrested and if not what do you think is a fair price for this, or should i just keep it and get it up to spec, as this is not my daily, although that will probably take me over a year to get it how I want and a lot of money sunk into the car that could be use elsewhere at this point in my life.

Anyone ontrested or woth any advice i very muvh appreciate the responses!

Old 07-30-2021, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,008 Likes on 675 Posts
'11 E350, '11 E550, '98 M3, '95 E320
*Tip*

Clean the car before posting for sale pics... doesn't present well.
The following 2 users liked this post by bmwpowere36m3:
2MERKS (08-01-2021), Gangrene3075 (08-01-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 10:49 PM

E 55 AMG
Originally Posted by bmwpowere36m3
*Tip*

Clean the car before posting for sale pics... doesn't present well.
i think after a sleep i decided im not gonna sell it and get it up to spec. but yes thnks for the advice. love the car too much though
Old 07-30-2021, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
We're all interested in the price, not the car...yet.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,014 Likes on 787 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Very shiny on the outside...but is the inside rotten and in need of high dollar work?

​​​​​​Screw the pretty paint photos; show me the maintenance. A cracked bumper won't stop me. Failed suspension bushings or ball joints can kill me.

Pretty paint works for amateurs; maintenance works for professionals who are willing to spend money to purchase a car. Please step up your game. No insult intended; just being blunt with you as I am interested the car.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:17 AM

E 55 AMG
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Very shiny on the outside...but is the inside rotten and in need of high dollar work?

​​​​​​Screw the pretty paint photos; show me the maintenance. A cracked bumper won't stop me. Failed suspension bushings or ball joints can kill me.

Pretty paint works for amateurs; maintenance works for professionals who are willing to spend money to purchase a car. Please step up your game. No insult intended; just being blunt with you as I am interested the car.
I dont know what that means.Seems like u didnt even read. I provided multiple pictures and car fax for thiose interested If you actually read it has coilovers., nd i also said i would provide more maintwnance records upon request of anyone interested.

Considerning the condescensing users on this platform i highly doubt any of you will be getting my car. And when its up to spec like i say i will be sure to post picture to u old guys that took a lifetime to purchase this car cand have it set up just jow u dreamed in uner a year. challenge accepted. THANKS ALL
Old 07-31-2021, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 695 Likes on 507 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
bbirdwell nailed it. Sorry you don't get it. Keep the car, fix it, love it, flog it like it likes.
Anyone ontrested or woth any advice i very muvh appreciate the responses!
​​​​​​​Or not...

Last edited by rapidoxidation; 07-31-2021 at 09:35 PM.