E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Where have all the good posts gone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 05:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 E55
Where have all the good posts gone?

This is a great forum for all to express their opinions on their W211's, so here is an observation/opinion of mine over the past 18 months...

Seems like when I first got my E500 in Feb '03 a great many of the posts had to do with performance enhancements/mods, especially on the 500 V-8. Posts were on subjects like intake mods, exhaust, ECU's, wheels/tires, suspension, 0-60 times (got to a 5.58 and 106 in the 1/4 on my
g-Tech), top speeds, removal of speed limiters, fuel additives, etc., etc. Now it seems that nearly everything posted has to do with Bluetooth, NAV/TV, Phones, Exterior Colors, 20"s, Tinting...and way too much on MPG! Any more performance junkies out there? Don't mean to be condeming, cause to each his own, but has anyone else that has been posting here over a year seen the same trend?

I even miss all the posts from Stephens (E55 board mostly), not that I know whether he conducted business in a shady manner as some have claimed, but reading about his constant search for more performance was fun. Kinda like reading the Penthouse Forum when you were 13...you don't know if the stories were all true, but they sure were fun to read about!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Not everyone has the same tastes or wants the same thing out of their car. If I read endless threads about modifying an exhaust system, I would get exhausted.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:57 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
There are still a couple of us still around. Awaiting my new wheels, and have yet to install my pulley kit which has been collecting dust for 2 months or so.

Before I go through the exercise of applying an intake wrap, did you notice if it actually helped or not? I am also undecided about an ECU upgrade.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
I think its just the natural progression/trends. They come and go in waves. People get new info and are interested to learn more, and those topics come up more as peple jump on the bandwaggon. Performance wise, there are few who are really going to mod their E500. A lot more on E55 board. I'd say most mods on 320s and 500s will be thigns like exhaust tips and chrome parts...

However, I plan on getting a chip, exhaust, lowering module, and I'm still waiting for my cust. forged wheels to come in. But Yea, the electronics I'm doing to- Steve is installing Euro COMAND next week sometime.

Best mod? Buy an E55!! (Which im considering..)

I love rompin on the 5.0, thing has good pull. just wish I had the new tranny software.