E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

'05 E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55 AMG
Wink '05 E55 AMG

Hello boys and girls. I got a funny thing going on with my car and its about power (what else on there)...I got my valve cover gasket done and all 16 plugs changed to NGK one step colder, after that car runned poor on wide open throttle and had check engine. Yes, it had vacuum leak, recently I found where it was and while we ware fixing the vacuum leak I installed VRP 20 lbs belt tensioner. Not expecting any power gain it was just for more safe and linear power, it sure did help that but the car is still running slower then before. You can't really notice it that much in first or second gear because as you know these make a ton of torque but 60mph , 3 gear full throttle before it kicks like a horse but now its just slower. I'm running 83mm S/C pulley, fab tech heat ex, 550cc injectors and 3' headers. I don't have split cooling yet but its on order and it should be here in few days. My first question is about the story you just read, did we miss something that is making power go down? Also I'm thinking about going to 76mm clutched pulley, question is with heat exc, headers and split cooling that I'm I ok to run 76mm? because I know these engines create tons of heat so I wanna make sure I have all the supporting mods before throwing a bunch of stress on engine. Best regards