Key wont turn neither lock/unlock doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBW211 4Matic
Key wont turn neither lock/unlock doors

Hi everybody!
This will be a long thread so please bear with me! We live in a remote, small village in Norway where is hard to find a good car workshop close by so any help is highly appreciated!
P.S - I am not a mechanic. I am just trying to figure out what's with my car so I can give some suggestions to whom will work on my car.

We have a MBW211 320CDI 4matic. We recently had a AC issue. We had an evaporator leak that had to be replaced. Prior that, only few days before, being on the road to this small village for holidays, a sweet smoke came from back vents. Trying to get some fault codes we hooked up DAS or a Xentry program. After scan smoke came out on passenger side. Instrument cluster went off and fuse 47 or 52 (cant remember exactly) kept blowing off,We changed the Evaporator as was obvious it was leaking (there was quite a bunch of liquid under carpet all the way to back seat). After changing the Evaporator our car was put back together but when we tried to start the car, key wont turn, steering wheel locked, key wont lock/ unlock car. We have 2 keys and none of them worked (neither turn or lock the car). When we press any button on key the crossed arrows (see attached) on driver side iluminatee but it doesn't lock or unlock the car.

Hooking up the DAS doesn't helped us much as asks for ignition on and we can't turn the key.
All other electronic look OK ( inside, outside lights, radio.In Norway they switched to DAB so our radio doesn't really pick up any FM) Except instrument cluster... don't know as we can't turn key)

So far: check all the fuses, charged battery.
P.S. Front seats are not hooked up yet as it is a work in progress
Can you please help us out to narrow down where can be the issue. Like I said any help is highly appreciated!
Thank you!