E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Question on Keyless Go??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML320 CDI, 2008 Smart ForTwo
Question on Keyless Go??

Well after my delima over interior colors in a previous I have decided with pewter/charcoal. Thanks for everyones opinions. Now for the next question. I have read that they have had problems with the keyless go option. I have ordered this on my CDI and was wondering if anyone has any input or if anyone has had problems. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:38 PM

2004 E500
I have never had a problem except that sometimes I have to try the driver's door handle a couple of times, especially the first time in the morning. I suspect a slight alignment problem since I don't have a problem with the other doors. I really like it and highly recommend it.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
No problems whatsoever! Its been 10 months & I STILL reach for the smartkey in my pocket & smile. Just remember to use the key when you anticipate valet parking or going thru a car wash!
Old 09-22-2004, 07:20 PM

2013 GL550
And keep the batteries in the key fob fresh. It makes a big difference. When they get weak you get a "Key not recognized" message in the dash. I love my keyless go. Good choice on the color combo!!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:44 PM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Keyless go is the most fun when you let a friend drive your car. It freaks them out. The first thing they always do is turn the car off by accident. (They think they need to push the button on the shifter to put it in gear, happens almost every time)

I love it though...coolest single option. The only problem I have is when I go to drive the wife's SUV, I forget to take the keys out of my pocket.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by AMGFREAK
Well after my delima over interior colors in a previous I have decided with pewter/charcoal. Thanks for everyones opinions. Now for the next question. I have read that they have had problems with the keyless go option. I have ordered this on my CDI and was wondering if anyone has any input or if anyone has had problems. Thanks in advance.

No problems with mine... I've had it for 9 months and ALWAYS use the keyless go -- I'd say 99% of the time.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:48 PM

2005 E320
Originally Posted by EX-BEEMER
The first thing they always do is turn the car off by accident. (They think they need to push the button on the shifter to put it in gear, happens almost every time)
To date, ALL of the about 20 other people that have driven my car did this.

maybe I'll bet the next one that thy'll inadvertly shut the car off befor they get out of the parking space. hehehe
Old 09-25-2004, 10:17 PM

'06 SL65
No problems with Keyless Go here either. Love it and would order it again. When I hop into the S500 (without Keyless Go), first thing I want to do is look down at the shifter to press the Start Button and forget I need to use the key.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E46 M3
Originally Posted by EX-BEEMER
Keyless go is the most fun when you let a friend drive your car. It freaks them out. The first thing they always do is turn the car off by accident. (They think they need to push the button on the shifter to put it in gear, happens almost every time)

I love it though...coolest single option. The only problem I have is when I go to drive the wife's SUV, I forget to take the keys out of my pocket.
Originally Posted by LIONHEAD
No problems with Keyless Go here either. Love it and would order it again. When I hop into the S500 (without Keyless Go), first thing I want to do is look down at the shifter to press the Start Button and forget I need to use the key.
LMAO thats too funny