E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Add Oil at Next Filing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
Add Oil at Next Filing?

I have a 2004 E320 4Matic. Love it as it still runs great. But I just saw a message I've never seen before. It's not a red message, but an error message showing the oil symbol and asking me to add oil. I don't think I've ever seen it before. Is that just a message saying that it's time to get an oil change? Although it's time to get one, I don't think it's been an egregious amount of time since the last one.

I just the oil level and it is low (something like 5 quarts). Is this a normal message, or do it indicate that I am leaking oil? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
I recommend getting a new oil change, and oil filter... this way you"ll have a piece of mind. Gud luck!
R,
2Merks
Old 02-14-2022, 05:26 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
e350 4matic wagon 2009
Originally Posted by imrealdumb
I have a 2004 E320 4Matic. Love it as it still runs great. But I just saw a message I've never seen before. It's not a red message, but an error message showing the oil symbol and asking me to add oil. I don't think I've ever seen it before. Is that just a message saying that it's time to get an oil change? Although it's time to get one, I don't think it's been an egregious amount of time since the last one.

I just the oil level and it is low (something like 5 quarts). Is this a normal message, or do it indicate that I am leaking oil? Thanks.

I'm having what sounds like the same problem. Below is the link to the thread I started and guys much smarter than me contributed to. It was from earlier this year, and you may find it helpful. It sounds like the oil breather may be the place to start? It was a relatively simple DIY and now I'm waiting to see if the light comes on before the next oil change.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...gic-wagon.html