E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Getting a humble E200Kompressor soon... need advise please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan
Hey John, it's not Boxer, it's BoSoxFan for Boston Red Sox fan .
Ooops, I am slowly getting educated tires/tyres, color/colour, center/centre, now...sox\socks!!!!!! Glad to hear your team won.

I keep getting confused with Hell on-a-Yamaha ha, Honda or Harley .

This afternoon I watched my super hero fall off his motorcycle poor old Valentino Rossi on his GP bike.

Sorry about waffling off topic. The 200 Kompressor is a very nice engine and I am looking forward to hearing the views of Mr Womble oops at it again sorry Mr Wobbles.

Regards,
John

I'm at it again, Please accept my apologies if I accidentally call you 'Botoxfan' by mistake.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Originally Posted by glojo
Ooops, I am slowly getting educated tires/tyres, color/colour, center/centre, now...sox\socks!!!!!! Glad to hear your team won.
. . . .

I'm at it again, Please accept my apologies if I accidentally call you 'Botoxfan' by mistake.
This will be my last off-topic post, at least on this thread. I believe that it was your great George Bernard Shaw who observed that "England and America are two nations divided by a common language."

As to the botox, why don't you reserve that for Botox John Kerry. About the only thing that he and I have in common is a love of the Red Sox.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:55 AM

W211 E320
Welcome !
Good to see another Singaporean here. Got my E320 in Aug2002 and a speeding ticket fine 2 weeks later
I don't think u need to mod the E200K in an island where 90% of the cars are less than 2000cc . Enjoy your new car.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
I would be afraid to get robbed....

Thugs would feel if you can spend $150,000 USD for what is really a "reasonable" car....an E320, you must have a little you can donate in lieu of lead poisoning.

And the bigger problem, what if you love cars and one is not enough. I would guess most of us here have at least 3 registered cars plus antiques/ special interest stuff, etc.

It should be called Singapoor, because if you want a modern appliance such as an automobile, you can have it, but after buying it you will be poor.

What's a Big Mac cost?

Last edited by cdiken; 02-02-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
I would really like to know what you went through to find this thread and what made you want to reply to it after 3+ months :p
Old 02-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by wobbles
Gentlemen (and ladies, if any are about),
My main concern is whether these extra ponies would somehow shorten engine life, or increase wear & tear.

Many thanks in advance ...
Although I've never dealt with MB mods, I did have a Solara that I supercharged and did a bunch of mods to. The answer to your question is yes and no.

Yes in the sense that the extra power probably comes from a smaller supercharger pulley creating more boost. With more boost comes other issues such as sufficient fuel delivery and intake air temps. This could lead to knocking (pre detonation due to higher intake temps) or running lean (not enough fuel). Either of these will increase wear on your car's engine. The smaller supercharger pulley will cause your charger to spin faster to get more compression. The faster spinning will cause your charger more wear and possibly shorter times between maintenance (i think you have to add or change lubrication in the charger?).

No in that if the mods are done correctly, the charger will not spin faster to the point of premature failure. Also, if the company takes into account the limitations of the stock MB fuel delivery and computer programming, you should be well within the limits of the stock system (all cars are built detuned and have some potential that can be tapped). If they do not, then you can be looking at very big, complicated, and possibly expensive problems.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:42 AM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
Hey, Hi there Vtec26 ... thank you for the indepth analysis ... you've just answered ALL of my concerns. I'm still deciding on whether to go for the Kleemann K-box system or the Vaath package ... either way, I'm grounded till the 3 year, 100,000km warranty runs out, before "she who must be obeyed" will allow me to play with the engine