E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2008 E 350 4-Matic, turns over great, won’t start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E350
2008 E 350 4-Matic, turns over great, won’t start

Came out of work and my car won’t start. It turns over great! So I had to leave it at work for the weekend. Came back Monday and it started right up! End of my shift Monday, turns over but doesn’t start. The check engine light never appeared while I was driving. There was a slight pulsating in the throttle upon acceleration. I did some research and ended up replacing the fuel pump and transfer unit, and still nothing!! Second time around I replaced the Crank shaft position sensor, and it still won’t start!!! Anyone have a similar problem with a 2008 E350 ??
Old 05-07-2022, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by kjk847
Came out of work and my car won’t start. It turns over great! So I had to leave it at work for the weekend. Came back Monday and it started right up! End of my shift Monday, turns over but doesn’t start. The check engine light never appeared while I was driving. There was a slight pulsating in the throttle upon acceleration. I did some research and ended up replacing the fuel pump and transfer unit, and still nothing!! Second time around I replaced the Crank shaft position sensor, and it still won’t start!!! Anyone have a similar problem with a 2008 E350 ??
Update: I added a little bit of gas, I opened the fuel pump section back up, turned the key, and watch the fuel pump pressurize. Took it for a ride, and it ran great. Attempted to drive home from work, I got maybe 20 miles in a car stalled out. I’m thinking the gas got low enough to trigger the fuel pump to shut off, even though a fuel light never came on. Is there some sort of re-set procedure for a new fuel pump sending unit? Is anyone else encountered this?