E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

how to remove than place the the rail(or molding) at front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to remove than place the the rail(or molding) at front bumper

Hi to all: I'm new member but I enjoyed the MBworld forum in the past several months since I bought a brand new '04 E 500 about 6 months ago. I just found out that somebody have scratched the molding part at the front bumper( where the side marker lamp and partronic attached to it) and I decided to buy the new molding to replace the scratched one.. is that easy to remove and then replace with the new one by yourself and if so can somebody shoe me the instruction how to do it. Or it's has to be done at bodyshop.One bodyshop quoted $100 US dollar( I live in San Jose, Cal.) Thanks a lot.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by taobap500
Hi to all: I'm new member but I enjoyed the MBworld forum in the past several months since I bought a brand new '04 E 500 about 6 months ago. I just found out that somebody have scratched the molding part at the front bumper( where the side marker lamp and partronic attached to it) and I decided to buy the new molding to replace the scratched one.. is that easy to remove and then replace with the new one by yourself and if so can somebody shoe me the instruction how to do it. Or it's has to be done at bodyshop.One bodyshop quoted $100 US dollar( I live in San Jose, Cal.) Thanks a lot.
Takes 5 minutes... you need to use something like a plastic wedge (available at MB dealer for $10-15 depending which one you get, I suggest a wide one). Near the parking lights, you put the wedge in the top and the bottom to release the clips. After these are out, the whole thing slides (look at the hooks on the new one to see the direction).

The parktronic sensor brackets just unclip at top and bottom and pop in the new one.

-s-