Headlight Adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 09:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R320, S211 wagon
Headlight Adjustment

Hi guys,
I recently changed the headlight lens on my 2008 E350( with Bi-Xenon lights and Intelligent Lighting System) which involved removing the whole headlight assembly. When I re installed them the right headlight was aimed to low and the right one was aimed off to the left. I tried adjusting the light with the two 6mm nuts but it didn't do anything. Do the lights need to be re calibrated electronically?
Thanks.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 772 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Negative on the electronic calibration. Each headlight has an adjustment nut that is accessible via a very small hole in the metal rack over the headlight. A 13 mm socket will barely fit through the hole. Perform an advanced search on my username in the E55 AMG sub forum. I replaced both headlight assemblies a few months ago and I ran into the same issue that you have. 13 mm socket and a ratchet easily corrected the situation. Do not try to adjust the nut that is underneath a protective cover (that is if you have active curve illumination). It is not difficult and will only take you a few minutes. You need a 25-ft standoff distance, measure from the ground to the center of the projector lens, then set the line of the lights approximately 1.2 inches lower at the 25 ft distance than the height of the center of the projector lens and you should be very close to the ballpark.
Old 07-03-2022, 06:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R320, S211 wagon
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Negative on the electronic calibration. Each headlight has an adjustment nut that is accessible via a very small hole in the metal rack over the headlight. A 13 mm socket will barely fit through the hole. Perform an advanced search on my username in the E55 AMG sub forum. I replaced both headlight assemblies a few months ago and I ran into the same issue that you have. 13 mm socket and a ratchet easily corrected the situation. Do not try to adjust the nut that is underneath a protective cover (that is if you have active curve illumination). It is not difficult and will only take you a few minutes. You need a 25-ft standoff distance, measure from the ground to the center of the projector lens, then set the line of the lights approximately 1.2 inches lower at the 25 ft distance than the height of the center of the projector lens and you should be very close to the ballpark.
Hi there,
thanks for the response. I didn’t realise there was a third adjustment nut. I’ll give the third screw a shot and hopefully it works.
I very much appreciate your response.
thank you🙂