E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

BG 44K for benz ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BG 44K for benz ?

hi, I just receive a coupon from a dealer, and they have this BG44K deal for injector cleaner.
I used to put BG44K into my 4runner and my accord and its a good stuff, but I don't know the effect on benz.
For ppl that familiar with bg44k, do u think it's good to put this into the E class ?
Old 10-07-2004, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by ddinata
hi, I just receive a coupon from a dealer, and they have this BG44K deal for injector cleaner.
I used to put BG44K into my 4runner and my accord and its a good stuff, but I don't know the effect on benz.
For ppl that familiar with bg44k, do u think it's good to put this into the E class ?
Your ride running poorly????? If not then why **** with it.....
Personally never used the stuff but your wise to question everything their wanting to put into your Mercedes....
Old 10-07-2004, 10:43 AM

2004 E500
Originally Posted by ddinata
I have used it on a Porsche when I was doing too much city and not enough highway driving. The dealer highly recommended it to clear up some roughness and it worked. But, I agree with HOH and wouldn't use it unless the car was running rough.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:17 PM

03 Eclass, 03 BMW 06 Porsche Cayman S, 03 Harley Davidson "bored & stroked"
BGK44 is said to be the best, and expensive too, around $15-25 depending on were you buy it. In the mid to late 90s 2 of the 3 dealers I used for service used it as part of the major service. Personally I only used it once, and really didn't notice any difference. I have had good success with the Techron Techroline FI cleaner, I noticed better mileage and more pep in the motor. Have not used anything in the E so far, but use the Techron in the motorcycles. Warning not sure if this is true, but some claim that those products dilute the oil and attack rubber parts, so you may want to use it before an oil change...