5K mile and power steering pump broke ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
5K mile and power steering pump broke ?

Upon starting my car over the weekend, I heard a loud noise, and after that, there's just a whining noise, louder as I rev up the engine. The noise is more like some bearing went kaput.

Since I just move the car in and out of garage (to clean up garage), I didn't really notice much else. Nevertheless, I called dealer for appointment to check out my car.

As I drove the car few day ago, the steering was much heavier than before. The noise got worse, so I put it back to the garage and use my W210.

Take my car to dealer this morning for repair. Service advisor think steering pump broke. My 2004 E320 has less than 5K mile !!!

Anyone else experience similar problem ??? . Btw, for the 6 months that I have had it, it spent roughly 30 days at dealer (for command gateway replacement, waiting on part). Now this ? What happen w/ the ultra-reliable tri-star ?
Old 10-10-2004, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Just got my car back. Power steering pump need to be replaced (leak & lost pressure), dealer also replace some other gasket due to leak.

Service level is superb. But I'm pretty disappoint by quality of car. My W210 has almost no problem whatsoever, and the W211 has had more than fair share of dealer visit.

Originally Posted by zam2000
Upon starting my car over the weekend, I heard a loud noise, and after that, there's just a whining noise, louder as I rev up the engine. The noise is more like some bearing went kaput.

Since I just move the car in and out of garage (to clean up garage), I didn't really notice much else. Nevertheless, I called dealer for appointment to check out my car.

As I drove the car few day ago, the steering was much heavier than before. The noise got worse, so I put it back to the garage and use my W210.

Take my car to dealer this morning for repair. Service advisor think steering pump broke. My 2004 E320 has less than 5K mile !!!

Anyone else experience similar problem ??? . Btw, for the 6 months that I have had it, it spent roughly 30 days at dealer (for command gateway replacement, waiting on part). Now this ? What happen w/ the ultra-reliable tri-star ?
Old 10-10-2004, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550, GL450
I have a similar problem 2 weeks ago to my 03' E500, the power steering pump leak and I was low on fluid. The car was making some loud noise as I turn the steering wheel and the wheel feels heavy. Kind of disappointed too as my car has only 8500 miles on its. Sound like a common problem, what happed to Mercedes quality?

dlau
Old 10-11-2004, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 BMW F10 535i
Dear all,

I have the fuel pump relaced at 9K Kilometers.
Don't expect too much for a new W211.
B.Rgds.,
Steven