Any ideas on transmission code?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 4matic
Any ideas on transmission code?

VGS1, 722.9, 70K mi...
Any tips or experiences will be super helpful to me...

I had one time error on the internal speed sensor on the conductor plate. So I sent the plate to Circuit Board Medics to repair all three speed sensors.
The conductor plate was fixed and arrived, all solenoids were cleaned, local Euro mechanic shop installed the valve body and conductor plate.
Finally, low-gear delayed engagement is gone. Completely smooth, I can’t notice shifts at all. Acceleration, reverse, everything okay, and no check engine light.

I was curious so I scanned my TCM with my icarsoft MBII scanner. Boom. I found current code with the output speed sensor is not available.

I checked the RPM reading of three speed sensors and they were operating well.
The output speed sensor reads 0RPM when the car is stationary and reads reasonable numbers when the car starts to move.
Seems all sensors are reading speeds without problem. If they had an issue with readings, I'd bet I can feel a hard shift or limp mode, etc.
But, no limp mode, no rough shift. All working well.

Problem is, even if I erase the code with the MBII scanner if I re-start the car or start to drive after erasing, I was always able to read the current code.

So, should I erase it with SDS? or scan it with SDS?
Since the board is repaired, I have no idea what triggers the error code but not put the car in limp mode, hard shifting, or any no acceleration problem.
Old 12-03-2022, 01:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
Have you discussed this with Circuit Board Medics if not I suggest doing so.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 4matic
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Have you discussed this with Circuit Board Medics if not I suggest doing so.
yes, I did. They say check wheel speed sensor and send the plate back to them. Sadly I paid 350 to remove and install the plate, I don’t want to pay 350 again for problem that I’m not responsible… Im going to check full system scan with SDS and start with that…