E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

CDI Fuel leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDI Fuel leak

I took the car to the alignment shop this morning to have it checked after damaging the wheels, and they came out to tell me that there was a fuel leak near the fuel tank. I went out to look at it while it was up on the rack and sure enough there was fuel all over the plastic pan that covers the fuel tank. We could not see any damage on any kind that could have caused a problem, even could not find where it was coming from due to the fuel covering everything all over the place. The car has to go to the shop tomorrow anyway for the lemon law step one process and while its there I will have them look at it. Also yesterday while trying to press the (wrench) key and get the operator on line to fix my SOS tele aid from flashing "not activated", something caused my SRS Restraint malfunction to display. I will have that looked at as well. Gee I wonder what else could go wrong this week, hell its only Monday.....
Old 10-19-2004, 05:25 PM

'05 E320 CDI, '07 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2007 Porsche GT3
What happened to the wheels?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:00 PM

I bought new ones and installed them last week.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
If tank is "topped off" fuel will pond in quarter panel inside fuel door

Then, it will drain down through the drain tube to ground, but only after sloshing around. The drain tube is in the front on the fuel door pocket, so when you put on brakes it will enter the downspout, then drip as you drive, causing the splatter.

KB
Old 10-22-2004, 05:24 PM

The leak looked like it was coming from the left side of the car just in front of the left rear tire by the left rear door. They told me they had to order somemore parts and was waiting for them. They should be here Monday and hope to be fixed by then. Im getting tired of always waiting for parts!