E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sirius install: Wagons anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
Sirius install: Wagons anyone?

I'd like to install the sirius module into my wagon. Has anyone done this themselves? What parts do you need to buy to activate sirius? I understand the dealer will drill the roof for the antenna. Is there a work around for this? thanks in advance....//DarkStar
ps: also, does the antenna hook up to the "module" (I assume in the rear) or to the head unit (dash)...thx.

Last edited by DarkStar; 10-23-2004 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Exclamation Sirius installation?

I wouldn't let 'em drill anything, as that just isn't necessary!
Have them use silicon to attach the ant. fixture to the roof.

When I had the package installed in my '02 Jetta Wagon, they simply ran the small pigtail ant. leed along the roof and into the opening at the tailgate.
It hooks up to the equipment that is mounted in the rear, and does not have to go forward to the in dash equipment.

Good luck, you'll love it. Wish I could install it into my '99, but the total to have it done is about $800, and I already have all the equipment left over from when I traded in the Jetta.

Old 10-23-2004, 09:18 PM
SCH
Almost a Member!

911 Turbo, M5, E55 wagon
I have it in my wagon but I let the dealer do the install. I believe the main unit is behind the cargo area panel on the passenger side. Here is a link which someone posted that contains all of the factory instructions for installation (including the E wagon):

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsit..._bulletins.htm

They wanted to drill my roof for the antenna and then put some plastic panel on the interior ceiling to cover up the hole and splicing. I said NO. They ended up using a smaller updated Sirius antenna and mounted it just under the air vent in the hood (just in front of the wipers). They claim it will not work quite as well as the roof mounted antenna but should be close. So far so good!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
What an interesting question. I have the estate car with hands free mobile phone option and DVD Navigation. There are no external aerials anywhere. Not the stumpy little telephone aerial that is fitted on the saloon, nothing. Now if they can conceal the GPS antenna (aerial) why can't the radio aerial be concealed and still work properly.

I note your message about installing it under the bonnetbut don't like the 'disclaimer' they gave you. My Navigation system works perfectly as does the phone???

Thanks for the very interesting link,
John
A wet lunchtime in Torquay
Old 10-24-2004, 10:41 PM

03 E55
Originally Posted by SCH
I have it in my wagon but I let the dealer do the install. I believe the main unit is behind the cargo area panel on the passenger side. Here is a link which someone posted that contains all of the factory instructions for installation (including the E wagon):

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsit..._bulletins.htm

They wanted to drill my roof for the antenna and then put some plastic panel on the interior ceiling to cover up the hole and splicing. I said NO. They ended up using a smaller updated Sirius antenna and mounted it just under the air vent in the hood (just in front of the wipers). They claim it will not work quite as well as the roof mounted antenna but should be close. So far so good!
Thanks SCH (we were in Pebble last weekend, visiting friends on Riata...)

I also wonder about the feasibility of mounting the antenna just under the "service" panel on the right side (near the Sirius module). I have read accounts of people mounting the antenna on or under the rear parcel shelf in sedans with no quality loss....might just try it. Good news that the antenna plugs directly into the module....//DarkStar