New Keyless Go question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 E350
New Keyless Go question

I haven't seen this addressed in earlier threads. Whenever I open the door using keyless go, all 4 doors unlock. This is true even though the key itself has been programed otherwise. In other words, when I hit the unlock button on the electronic key, only the driver door unlocks, but as soon as I open the door with the handle, the remaining doors unlock. How can I program keyless go to unlock only the driver door? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 S550
Originally Posted by sl561
I haven't seen this addressed in earlier threads. Whenever I open the door using keyless go, all 4 doors unlock. This is true even though the key itself has been programed otherwise. In other words, when I hit the unlock button on the electronic key, only the driver door unlocks, but as soon as I open the door with the handle, the remaining doors unlock. How can I program keyless go to unlock only the driver door? Thanks.
To my knowledge, this cannot be done. And, as an aside,why does it make any difference?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ctouhey
To my knowledge, this cannot be done. And, as an aside,why does it make any difference?
If the whole car is unlocked then any person wanting to enter the car can do so.

If the unlock can be for one door with the remote key then I cant see a reason for that not being possible for KG.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:53 AM
Almost a Member!

2015 E350
Originally Posted by ctouhey
LOL. No woman would ever ask this question. It's a security issue and a standard feature on virtually all vehicles within the past 7 years or so. Picture your wife/girlfriend by herself, getting into her car at night in the parking lot of a large shopping mall. Would you want all the doors to unlock so some creep could jump in from the opposite side?
Old 10-26-2004, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
My information states that selective unlocking with Keyless Go is a function of the selective locking state of the key.

For instance, my key is set to selective unlocking. So if I go to the driver's door and pull it, only the driver's door unlocks.

When I set my key to global unlocking, when I go to my driver's door and pull it, all doors unlock.

Note that if you have selective unlocking set in the key, if you pull any other door handle but the driver's, it returns to global unlock mode for that activation.

There may be other settings that affect this, but I am not aware of them (for instance, the key dependent settings; just guessing at a possibility though).

Somewhat related, the convenience opening feature is not available with Keyless Go.

-s-
Old 10-26-2004, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL. No woman would ever ask this question. It's a security issue and a standard feature on virtually all vehicles within the past 7 years or so. Picture your wife/girlfriend by herself, getting into her car at night in the parking lot of a large shopping mall. Would you want all the doors to unlock so some creep could jump in from the opposite side?
So you're saying our wives/girlfriends should all drive cars newer than 7 years old?

-s-
Old 10-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Almost a Member!

2015 E350
>My information states that selective unlocking with Keyless Go is a function >of the selective locking state of the key.

>For instance, my key is set to selective unlocking. So if I go to the driver's >door and pull it, only the driver's door unlocks.

Correct...this is the way it should happen, but it doesn't. All the doors still open.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Almost a Member!

2015 E350
Originally Posted by scorchie
So you're saying our wives/girlfriends should all drive cars newer than 7 years old?

-s-
Well, it would be nice?? ;-) Actually, I just made up the 7-year thing. Now that I think about it, my 1988 Volvo 740 had this feature. I'm just saying that if you have a car with this safety feature, it would be nice if it worked properly..especially if you are a woman driving the car alone. Never had a problem with this feature on my 01 C320, but obviously it didn't have keyless go either.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, it would be nice?? ;-) Actually, I just made up the 7-year thing. Now that I think about it, my 1988 Volvo 740 had this feature. I'm just saying that if you have a car with this safety feature, it would be nice if it worked properly..especially if you are a woman driving the car alone. Never had a problem with this feature on my 01 C320, but obviously it didn't have keyless go either.
Either it was removed for cost features in MY2005, you have some other setting that interferes with it, or your car is broken.

Mine works fine!

Suggest that the ladies that drive your car alone to dark places at night use the key to selectively unlock the driver's door in the meantime! (Seriously, for safety's sake.)

p.s. are you SURE that your key is set to selective unlocking, and that the other key is not anywhere else around?

-s-
Old 10-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Almost a Member!

2015 E350
Either it was removed for cost features in MY2005, you have some other setting that interferes with it, or your car is broken.

Mine works fine!

Suggest that the ladies that drive your car alone to dark places at night use the key to selectively unlock the driver's door in the meantime! (Seriously, for safety's sake.)

p.s. are you SURE that your key is set to selective unlocking, and that the other key is not anywhere else around?

-s-
The "ladies" would be me...I'm the only driver. Re your P.S....you may be on to something. I'm SURE the key is set to selective unlocking, BUT I'm also sure the 2nd key is in fact, IN MY handbag, and probably has not been set. I never thought about that being an issue, but will certainly check it out when I leave work. btw...am I correct in assuming that you do modifications? Do you also sell/install accessories? In particular, I'm interested in a wood steering wheel and don't want to pay the dealers price for purchase/installation.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The "ladies" would be me...I'm the only driver. Re your P.S....you may be on to something. I'm SURE the key is set to selective unlocking, BUT I'm also sure the 2nd key is in fact, IN MY handbag, and probably has not been set. I never thought about that being an issue, but will certainly check it out when I leave work. btw...am I correct in assuming that you do modifications? Do you also sell/install accessories? In particular, I'm interested in a wood steering wheel and don't want to pay the dealers price for purchase/installation.
My sincere apologies to imply that you weren't a lady, I just meant the ladies that drive your car...

I had never set my key to selective unlocking because I've always used Keyless Go since I go the car. And I just checked it, it seems with Keyless Go, "selective unlocking" isn't really "selective"... it's driver's door only! That's why I don't use it that way, because I have to wait to get into the car to unlock the doors for everyone else, except in the case when I am opening the door for a lady then all the doors get unlocked. I don't see opening the doors for my buddies though...

And another interesting thing I never noticed before, when you pull the door handle the LED blinks on the remote that is answering.

Yes, we handle steering wheels... e-mail steve@mbenznl.com with your car type, interior color, and type of wood and he can tell you if the wheel is in stock (if I am not mistaken there is still one charcoal/black birdseye maple unspoken for). If you're interested, we'd be happy to install it on the way back from snowboarding sometime.

-s-

Last edited by scorchie; 10-26-2004 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
ZipCar NYC / Boston
Somewhat related, the convenience opening feature is not available with Keyless Go.
-s-
Convenience Opening... are you referring to opening the windows (summer feature), using Keyless GO? In that case, just hold down the outer LOCK button, then while doing that, hold down the inner UNLOCK button to open the windows.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2015 E350
Problem solved

My sincere apologies to imply that you weren't a lady, I just meant the ladies that drive your car...

I had never set my key to selective unlocking because I've always used Keyless Go since I go the car. And I just checked it, it seems with Keyless Go, "selective unlocking" isn't really "selective"... it's driver's door only! That's why I don't use it that way, because I have to wait to get into the car to unlock the doors for everyone else, except in the case when I am opening the door for a lady then all the doors get unlocked. I don't see opening the doors for my buddies though...

And another interesting thing I never noticed before, when you pull the door handle the LED blinks on the remote that is answering.

Yes, we handle steering wheels... e-mail steve@mbenznl.com with your car type, interior color, and type of wood and he can tell you if the wheel is in stock (if I am not mistaken there is still one charcoal/black birdseye maple unspoken for). If you're interested, we'd be happy to install it on the way back from snowboarding sometime.

-s-
There was definitely no offense taken so no need to apologize. Your earlier thoughts did help solve the problem. Turns out that carrying the 2nd key (which had not been program to unlock ONLY the driver door) was indeed the problem. I've since programmed that key as well, and now the system works fine. THANKS!! btw...I did send a couple of emails to the address above, but they probably don't make a lot of sense because initially I thought it was YOUR address I was writing to. Steve will probably think I'm nuts.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by onpaws
Convenience Opening... are you referring to opening the windows (summer feature), using Keyless GO? In that case, just hold down the outer LOCK button, then while doing that, hold down the inner UNLOCK button to open the windows.
Nope, I am not referring to that because obviously that works. I am referring to a direct quote from Mercedes' service information, which states that the convenience feature (which I think means the locator lighting) is not available using Keyless Go.

-s-
Old 10-26-2004, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There was definitely no offense taken so no need to apologize. Your earlier thoughts did help solve the problem. Turns out that carrying the 2nd key (which had not been program to unlock ONLY the driver door) was indeed the problem. I've since programmed that key as well, and now the system works fine. THANKS!! btw...I did send a couple of emails to the address above, but they probably don't make a lot of sense because initially I thought it was YOUR address I was writing to. Steve will probably think I'm nuts.
Glad it worked out!

On top of it, Steve is on vacation and Wanda is checking his e-mail box...

-s-
Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 PM

2004 E500
[QUOTE=scorchie]My sincere apologies to imply that you weren't a lady, I just meant the ladies that drive your car...

. . . except in the case when I am opening the door for a lady then all the doors get unlocked. I don't see opening the doors for my buddies though...

/QUOTE]
Scorchie, you're a true gentleman. Too bad there aren't more around these days.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Almost a Member!

2015 E350
Glad it worked out!

On top of it, Steve is on vacation and Wanda is checking his e-mail box...

-s-
Oh Great. I'm certain Wanda will think I'm nuts. Just in case the message doesn't get deciphered....the Charcoal/birdseye maple wheel for an 05 E320 is what I need, and I'm definitely interested depending on the price. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BoSoxFan
Scorchie, you're a true gentleman. Too bad there aren't more around these days.
I wish the ladies agreed!

It certainly takes one to spot one, and I cringe at the thought of a lady having to open her car door when accompanied. Of course, that doesn't always get appreciated here in California!

-s-
Old 10-27-2004, 07:32 AM

2003 E500
Well, on my 03... ONLY my door unlocks as long as I first try to open the driver's door... If I try to open another door in the car.. they ALL unlock. I have no idea... check your vehicle settings... maybe KEY DEPENDENT needs to be on or off or something.

Peter

Old 10-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Almost a Member!

2015 E350
Originally Posted by NitroShredder
Well, on my 03... ONLY my door unlocks as long as I first try to open the driver's door... If I try to open another door in the car.. they ALL unlock. I have no idea... check your vehicle settings... maybe KEY DEPENDENT needs to be on or off or something.

Peter
Thanks Peter. I was able to solve the problem. I had KEY DEPENDENT set to OFF, which in turn meant that all the doors were unlocking in response to a SECOND key that I was carrying in my purse..one that had not been programmed to selective open only the driver door. Now that both keys are properly programmed, it works fine.

SL