E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Help With possible misfire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Help With possible misfire

i have a 06 E350, so long story short i had water leaking in the trunk that caused my battery to die overnight, while it was going on the dome lights as well as lights that come on when opening the doors would work intermittently, i stopped the leak and changed my tensioner as well as pully since i needed to but ever since the car has idled rougher than it normally does and randomly would feel like it wanted to misfire for a quick second. well today im pretty sure it did misfire for a second while i was in the drivethru, after pulling out of parling lot it stopped and when i got home it wouldnt do it but was eunning really rough, the only code shown is p2006 for the intake runner, but its been there since i bought the car before these issues. Another thing i noticed was upon starting the car before i would hear a electric whine sound which i beleve was the sap cause the sound was like a whine spooling up then it would go away within 30 secs, now i dont hear sound. Lastly since fiing the leak i havent been able to get the dome or door lights to work, however the dome for the backseat lights will turn on if i hit the button, so im wondering is there a different fuse for the front an back or do u think the entire thing is no good an thats why its not working, if that was case why would it prevent door lights from coming on? Any help anyone can give would be great, also when the can feels like it wants to misfire the rpms dont move or anything like that an if i give it lil gas it stops, do you think i should change plugs and coils or is this something else?
Old 05-14-2023, 07:34 AM

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
2010 ML550 VIN WDC1641722A564750, 2010 B180
Probably need to consider these as two potentially separate issues. The electrical issue is possibly water impact on the rear SAM. If you havent searched for that, you should. If water got in, then its probably been getting in well before hand. Water damaged rear sams are a major issue accross the whole MB range in these years.

As for the misfire, does your scanner show you misfire codes and by which cylinder? Id start there and see what if any commonality you have. Misfires all round or just on an isolated cylinder or on one or both banks? Then work your way back from there.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (05-15-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
ok so i tested sap it is good but not turning on so im going to change fuse an see, as for misfiring i couldnt tell but it is not doing it now just can tell its running rougher than it normally does. thats the weird thing this thing it is doing hasnt shown any codes, nor does it cause the rpms to move at all. could the rear sam issue ur talking about cause something like this? if i change fuse and pump still dont turn on what else should i look at as the cause? i know i used to hear it because it makes that distinct sound, then shortly after leak i stopped hearing it and idle got worse, my front dome lights dont come on either nor my door lights when i open them or ring around both consoles but the back lights work when i turn them on lol