E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Raising Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E350
Raising Suspension

I know this is probably blasphemy, but hear me out.

I currently have an '09 E350 w/AMG sport suspension. Just purchased a new house and I can't get the car in the garage without
scraping the front, (and sometimes the back) of the car. In lieu of purchasing a new car (mine only has 36K miles on it) I think I'd like
to raise the suspension to a "normal" E350 which just may be enough height to avoid the scraping.

I'm thinking about just buying springs from FCP for a "normal" ride height Merc. Does anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2023, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,506 Likes on 1,177 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
The luxury suspension was about 1 inch higher vs the sport. Not sure if they did that via springs or just set the ride height for the struts with a higher ring setting. I suppose maybe you could find a used luxury version for sale and run both sets of vin through EPC and see what the difference between the springs/struts are. I would think you'd want to do both the front and rear so you don't have a car that's higher in the front than the rear.

Those springs also weaken with age not just mileage so new ones might raise it a little bit anyway and instead of using the old strut height setting you could increase the ring height a few notches. By default there's like 10 setting and it comes set on the highest and there are some pictures on here where they're way too high so you don't want it on 10 but I think they're normally like on the 2nd or 3rd ring setting so maybe a little higher than that. But that would probably throw off the rear and who knows what that does to the handling of the car.