E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

No crank no start. Keep blowing fuse 59 (starter relay)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 e320
No crank no start. Keep blowing fuse 59 (starter relay)

Ok so my problem started yesterday at work car wouldn't start. Traced it down to the starter relay fuse 59. Started right up and multiple times after that so went on with my day. Go to leave for work today and same fuse is blown except when I replace it I blow another one and another. I went up to 25a fuse and it blew that. Checked codes and there were tons but the ones that stuck out the most are in the pictures. I removed my battery control module for inspection... (Side note I was having batter consumer malfunction so I took a lil wire brush to them a few days ago.) In my inspection I see I bent one of the pins down and there were some small wires that fell off the brush down in there too so that must have caused a short circuit in the bcm... I bent the pin back up and it goes in the plug fine again but still blowing a fuse. I removed the power to the starter to see if it was the starter that short circuted but even then it blew the fuse when I tried to start it. I'm wondering if a short circuit in the bcm would cause the ecm, canbus, or voltage regulator to go bad or if my problem stayed isolated in the bcm. Any help would be much appreciated I've been reading all day and trying multiple (small things) to try and fix it with no avail. I don't want to start tearing up the seats to follow the wires if my problem is in the bcm,ecu, or somewhere else.