Need help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2023 | 05:04 PM

2002 E200 w211 Kompressor
Need help!!

Discussion starter · #1 · 20 m ago
Hi there
I recently got a E200, w211 year 2002 and the previous owner put an android radio and cut a bunch of wires(did a horrible job doing so), and the android radio never worked properly, but now i've got to run properly(just the bluetooth tho, fine by me), but after i start driving the car, sound from speakers goes out, they work fine when i start the car, but after driving for maybe 2-3 minutes they go out, come back on when i am parking the car or have already parked it

I need help, it is driving me insane not knowing the issue, the fiber optic cable seems to work(flashing red light when i diaconnect it from the small box behind the radio)

Can anybody please help me or give me ideas on where to start?
I'm from Iceland so there's not much about junkyards where i can get ahold of another benz, hopefully this isn't something serious
Old 09-05-2023 | 05:37 PM

S211 E320 4-matic
Wow that seems weird.
Does the sound also goes out after 2-3 minutes if you keep the car in neutral? or in drive without moving the car? This could mean it is related to the movement/speed of the car.
Are using your phone as source? Does you phone maybe switch off functions when it detects that you are driving?
I am no expert. Just trying to think along.
The following users liked this post:
BlackML550 (09-07-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by VivaJ73
Wow that seems weird.
Does the sound also goes out after 2-3 minutes if you keep the car in neutral? or in drive without moving the car? This could mean it is related to the movement/speed of the car.
Are using your phone as source? Does you phone maybe switch off functions when it detects that you are driving?
I am no expert. Just trying to think along.

The sound stays on when i'm in neutral or park, sometimes it stays on for maybe 10 minutes aftur i start driving and then just goes out, like there's a loose connection, just where??
Yes i'm using my phone as source but it will continue to play the song, just no sound, this is really weird and it's pissing me off not knowing where to look
I've tried to 'juggle' the wires behind the radio when the sound is on and nothing happens, even when i tried to do it at the amp, nothing happend, even changed the fuse, but still, the sound goes out after i start driving, sometimes it comes on when i'm slowing down for a roundabout but usually it comes on when i'm parking the car
Old 09-06-2023 | 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It seems you are connected somehow to a speed-related entry in the system.

For example, the "video in motion" feature in some models must be coded/hacked for it to work. Similarly, the navigation does NOT allow to set addresses when in motion. The car must be nearly parked for it to work. Similar symptoms.
Old 09-06-2023 | 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by juanmor40
It seems you are connected somehow to a speed-related entry in the system.

For example, the "video in motion" feature in some models must be coded/hacked for it to work. Similarly, the navigation does NOT allow to set addresses when in motion. The car must be nearly parked for it to work. Similar symptoms.
It sounds that way, but i can't figure out why and how that could have happend
anybody have any ideas on where to start looking?
Old 09-06-2023 | 03:25 PM

I took the car for a ride earlier today, and the more i think of it, the more i'm convinced the problem lies with the amp, loose connection inside it or something
Is there a way to tell if things are like they are supposed to be inside the amp?