UHI for 2003-2005 cars from MBenzNL (Steve), preordering phase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
UHI for 2003-2005 cars from MBenzNL (Steve), preordering phase

I'm putting together the UHI packages for the W211 cars ... it looks like it is a go as soon as the parts come in. Here are some notes and features:

- Will work with 2003-2005 cars with flip-top center consoles (no 2005 roll-top center consoles, unless the flip top is retrofit)
- Predicted price of $895 includes shipping; pre-order deposit of $250 (via PayPal) to get in line
- Early access kit includes electronics, cables, center console floor w/UHI connector, antenna adapter, and one cradle of your choice
- Later availability will be full-install kits, including installation instructions and full listing of all features
- Removes TeleAid function on 2003-2004 cars... must be deactivated with diagnostic computer, or error messages will be generated
- Early access kit will support Nokia 6310i, 6100, 6610, 7250i, 6220, 6230; SonyEricsson T610, T616, T630, T637.
- I will try to validate Nokia 6200 tonite, also some Siemens will be available, and the Motorola V60i
- You can always change your cradle later to support an additional phone type
- Installation can be arranged in SF Bay Area, OC Area, and whereever Steve is going this month. Texas and Las Vegas are probably available in general as well
- If we don't install it, the kit will be shipped out with no installation support. Anyone who knows a little about Mercedes phone systems can install it, there's nothing surprising about it, but we can't support installation until the full-install kits are ready
- Installation requires removing trunk floor mat, vapor barrier and plastic cover of electronics tray (not too difficult!). Electronics and cables are installed here. Also, the floor plate of the center console is removed, the new floor plate is installed and plugged into the wiring already in the center console
- Kit will be ready to ship before Thanksgiving (some are ready for next week)

Some other notes:

- TeleAid functionality may be restored at a later date, but don't expect to use it anymore. If we offer the ability to use TeleAid again in the future, it may require a few extra parts at some cost
- Bluetooth connectivity will be available as an option at a later date and additional charge. This Bluetooth connectivity is PROBABLY NOT WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE, and might not be worth the extra cost. I am not sure exactly what it can do, so please don't ask, I really don't know yet. We'll post it when we know

NO OTHER INFORMATION AT THIS TIME. If this isn't enough information for you to do a pre-order, please wait until we have the full install kits with documentation written and all feature specifications. This preannouncement is just to let people get early delivery when they know they definitely want UHI. We've been having some issue with lead times on orders for UHI equipment, so I want to do forecasting to Mercedes so that we can ensure good supply in the next few weeks.

-s-
Old 11-04-2004, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scorchie
- Removes TeleAid function on 2003-2004 cars...
Scorchie:

What about teleAid in '05 flip-cover cars?
Old 11-04-2004, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by levind
Scorchie:

What about teleAid in '05 flip-cover cars?
Should be OK. Not verified yet. May require removal...

-s-
Old 11-04-2004, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML-350, Maserati Quattroporte
Pardon my ignorance but is this a hands free solution minus the phone ( in other words does this include all software and hardware )? Also, does this allow voice activation or is that a separate issue?
Old 11-04-2004, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jprescott
Pardon my ignorance but is this a hands free solution minus the phone ( in other words does this include all software and hardware )? Also, does this allow voice activation or is that a separate issue?
You may want to wait until the full kits are available, because those questions will be answered then.

-s-