E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Battery protection convenience possibly solved

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Battery protection convenience possibly solved

So I bought my 2003 E320 about a year ago. It has around 259,000 mi on it. But it runs really well I had pretty much got it sorted but the only problem that I have left was the battery protection convenience warning would come on all the time and the AC barely functioned. I live in Georgia and it's hot as hell so this is unacceptable. I have been through two batteries at least, I have switched the battery control unit. I have checked all my fuses and pulled all the ones that were drawing more current than they were supposed to. Nothing seemed to help. But I found something very simple that has. Just turn on the defrost. The only thing I can think of is that the defrost is a critical function for safety so maybe it overrides whatever is controlling the other warning. But whenever the defrost is on I have not gotten that warning again and I can blast my heater or AC at full blast for hours and it doesn't cut off. It just comes through the defrost instead of straight at me through the vents. But I can live with that. Just wanted to share The answer I came up with. I was getting ready to get rid of the car because I couldn't come up with any other solution. But I can finally use the car and enjoy it. Hope this helps someone else...