W211 back to airmatic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2023, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 270cdi avantgarde
W211 back to airmatic

Hello guys
In my continued quest of bringing this car back from the brink I want to try to repair the original airmatic suspension.
I bought the car that has been converted to steel suspension and I might add quite badly. Airmatic valve block is still present, so is the compressor, air lines, wiring and connectors, it is still coded in the computer (every time I start the car it asks me to visit workshop with the icon of arrow pointing up as to raise the vehicle) and the control buttons bellow the shifter are present and powered (lights up when pressed and in the cluster it says vehicle rising). Can the airmatic be rebuild? I might add that the current steel suspension is from sachs and has mb star logo on it but the car really handles weird and doesn't absorb the road conditions that well, shocks are wet and back end sits lower than the front, it looks like the springs collapsed.
I'll take some pictures later as it is pouring outside like crazy.
Thank you all for your patience, this will be one of many posts regarding this vehicle, there is a lot that has to re done on it.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 772 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Maybe the attachment will assist you...
You will certainly need the alloy rear control arms. You will also need to calibrate the suspension after installation. I have posts on this explaining what you will need to do so. STAR/Xentry will walk you through the process.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
219 HO W211 Airmatic large.pdf (1.96 MB, 195 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by bbirdwell:
Mr.MBCro (10-22-2023), rocky472 (10-26-2023)