E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

w211 p0730 code, in drive does not move

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211
Exclamation w211 p0730 code, in drive does not move

Just looking for any pointers with a current issue on vehicle, to start, balance shaft and many other problems raised on my vehicles engine, after doing some research found best option was to switch engine with a newer year of it as they tackled the issues in the previous ones (06 engine replaced with an 08), after swapping engine and going through with the cruel task of it, got car on road and running, car drove for a bout a week (faint tick that sounded like it was from tc for about a day, added trans oil, sound dispersed) other then that drove great. Go to do another oil change and flush in engine, get car back on ground, and once again running well. On way back to house started to go up a hill when I abruptly loss power and drive. there was no tick/grind/clunk when all power and drive itself was loss. had car towed home as vehicle does not move while in drive. scan obd and code i got was the p0730 code for incorrect gear ratio, after reading some forums found a lot of people sourcing the issues I'm having to being a faulty conductor plate as that could make sense. the way the car just stopped working makes me believe it is an electrical issue as well. also to note, torque converter was aligned properly when installing new engine and torqued to spec. anyways, vehicle now when in drive you can put pedal to floor and no movement, does rev up though, so not a pedal sensor fault, also while shifting from park to drive to reverse does not sound like the trans itself is actuating, if anyone has had this exact issue or pointers to what this cause could be it'd be greatly appreciated