E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Clear bra on the headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Clear bra on the headlights

Anyone use clear bra on the headlights? And if so, does it fade, has it saved your headlights, and would you recommend it?
thanks
Old 11-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Banned

3M is the best-known paint protection film on the market due to its marketing. 3M's film in the past has been known to fade or yellow.......in some cases, when the customer doesn't maintain the film (wash / wax), the film can crack. We've dealt w/ 3M for a few years and switched over to Venture which comes w/ a lifetime warranty from bubbling, cracking, yellowing, and fading while 3M is only covered for 5 years.

We've used Venture for the past 2 years w/ no problems w/o any warranty claims. To answer your question, with the proper film, it should not fade....
Old 11-14-2004, 02:48 PM

Mercedes Benz
Thanks
Old 11-14-2004, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
II have had the thin 3M film on all my cars for the last 5 years here in Colorado. I garage my cars, but they are still outside quite a bit. So far I have not either had peeling or fading. On my old 124, I got hit by a golf ball size rock. It only cracked the headlight lens. The 3M film held everything together and no moisture got in the headlight. I was driving across the mountains in a snow storm and it was very good to have a headlight that still worked as if nothing happened.

My Audi has glass lenses and so far they are perfect! My windshield is ready to be replaced (the windshield is newer that then 3M and the new headlight lenses) but the headlights are truly as good as new.

On my W211, I just bought the thick 3M custom cut protectors from Performanceproducts.com. They come with an even better warranty ($1000 ON DAMAGE TOO).

I would strongly recommend them.

Steve
Old 11-15-2004, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Same here. Got xpel (made by 3M) for headlight/fog-light of my car. Can't really tell the difference (shop did good job). It's been a while, no fade nor bubble whatsoever. It came w/ lifetime warranty.

Got hit by couple rock so far, no problem w/ headlight whatsoever. Had to replace fog light twice prior to putting xpel film on it (crack from impact w/ rock).

Originally Posted by SAguirre
II have had the thin 3M film on all my cars for the last 5 years here in Colorado. I garage my cars, but they are still outside quite a bit. So far I have not either had peeling or fading. On my old 124, I got hit by a golf ball size rock. It only cracked the headlight lens. The 3M film held everything together and no moisture got in the headlight. I was driving across the mountains in a snow storm and it was very good to have a headlight that still worked as if nothing happened.

My Audi has glass lenses and so far they are perfect! My windshield is ready to be replaced (the windshield is newer that then 3M and the new headlight lenses) but the headlights are truly as good as new.

On my W211, I just bought the thick 3M custom cut protectors from Performanceproducts.com. They come with an even better warranty ($1000 ON DAMAGE TOO).

I would strongly recommend them.

Steve