E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Is Keyless Go the next Remote Central Locking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 E220D, 11 E350 CDI(sold), 06 CLS320 CDI (sold), 05 Cadillac DeVille (gone), 04 E320 CDI (sold)
Is Keyless Go the next Remote Central Locking?

I remember when remote locking was a fantastic new feature only offered on luxury cars: now it is offered on virtually every new car on the market.

Nissan are shipping Keyless Go as standard on their Micra, which is available here for around $US10k, and is available in the UK for around 9K GBP. I realise this car probably isn't sold in the US (it might get run over by a Hummer or something), but all the same, this is an interesting sign for the future.

How long can MB justify a premium pricing for KG when Japanese and Korean sub compacts are offering the same thing as standard fitment?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Wait till they start using fingerprint or retinal scans in cars. Ok i know im loosing it but even Acura offers it standard on its new RL. But Mercedes was the first with it and still is the pioneer in autmotive technology, not the japanese. The japanese just know how to market their products better than the germans. Look at all those Lexus commercials in the USA claiming they were the first with the front adaptive headlights (cornering lights). They even claimed they were the first with the dimpled underbody panels. If im correct my W210 and my W211 have them.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Wait till they start using fingerprint or retinal scans in cars. Ok i know im loosing it but even Acura offers it standard on its new RL. But Mercedes was the first with it and still is the pioneer in autmotive technology, not the japanese. The japanese just know how to market their products better than the germans. Look at all those Lexus commercials in the USA claiming they were the first with the front adaptive headlights (cornering lights). They even claimed they were the first with the dimpled underbody panels. If im correct my W210 and my W211 have them.

MB Fanatic,

U sure not loosing it. I bet in our life time, we should see fingerprint or retinal scans instead of the key in our car. After I start to use Keyless go, I have to admit that I'm so used to it and I think it is so convenience. This will definitely in my top of the list when I shop for my next new car.

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by hlkc
I have to admit that I'm so used to it and I think it is so convenience. This will definitely in my top of the list when I shop for my next new car.

Thanks!
I totally agree with you hlkc after using the keyless go I don’t think ill ever go back to the old way of using my key the only problem is remembering to give the valet my keys
Old 11-16-2004, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I've had KG since 12/03, and I still find myself reaching into my pocket looking for the key as I walk to the car! Hopefully I will learn someday!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
I think Ford And GM have/will have it soon too. Soon you will have it for your front door of your house, etc.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:32 PM

'06 SL65
Originally Posted by Brav
I think Ford And GM have/will have it soon too. Soon you will have it for your front door of your house, etc.
The 2005 C6 has the keyless Push Button start and Xenon HID as standard equipment.